Leicester City > Glasgow Celtic? Really? (Brendan Rodgers content)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
I'm slightly surprised at the news today that everyone's favourite motivator Brendan Rodgers has left Celtic - who are still in the running to win three trophies, including the league - to go and manage midlands-based also-rans Leicester City.

I mean, I can see how he might have left at the end of the season because I imagine that as a result of the TV money, Leicester (1 league title) are able to pay him more than Celtic (48 league titles) but for him to just up-sticks and leave just near the business end where the trophies are handed out is, to me, unbelievable.

Still, at least he's still got his weird-quote generator fired up: he's already said he will "give his life" to make Leicester supporters proud. It's only a matter of time before Brendan Rodgers starts talking about what Brendan Rodgers thinks on Match of the Day.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It does seem odd at face value, but Scottish football has very few challenges once you have won everything a few times. I expect any half competent manager could guide Celtic to the title most years.
He has jumped before Rangers under Gerrard get momentum.

Slick

Guru
IMG-20190226-WA0008.jpg

Slick

Guru
How's the head this morning? :okay:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'm slightly surprised at the news today that everyone's favourite motivator Brendan Rodgers has left Celtic - who are still in the running to win three trophies, including the league - to go and manage midlands-based also-rans Leicester City.
In the grand scheme of things the Scottish league is an irrelevance, barely noticed by the rest of the world. The EPL is global and even the least successful clubs have a massive world wide profile.

Top Bottom