Leicester City > Glasgow Celtic? Really? (Brendan Rodgers content)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Doesn't make it any better.

Depends on what you mean by "better". Despite obvious flaws at least football in Scotland is largely self sufficient, which for me makes it more enjoyable. Take Sky out the equation in England and the game would be f*cked.

And without even considering the money aspect, the EPL has just as many (if not more) dull and uninspiring games as the SPL.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/47396010

image.jpg

Their most successful manager since Stein was a fraud apparently.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Sky pay 55 times more money to the English league than the Scottish league It is impossible to complete with that.

Celtic are not in the top 20 riches football teams. The English premier league has 9 of the top 20. The whole thing is totally out of balance.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I'm not sure I'd call Leicester City an "also-ran". Winning the league a few seasons ago was pretty impressive (though in all honesty, while I think they certainly were the best team that year -which surely is all that matters -I think they had a perfect storm of playing really well for them and all other big name teams having an off year. But they did it, and no one can take it away from them. I'm not sure it's even arguable to say that Celtic play in a league of lower challenges and quality -proof? How many times have Celtic made it through to the Champions league knockout stages recently, let alone the final? (and I'm not a huge Celtic fan or detractor either, just looking at cold hard results from recent history).

And I agree with the fact that given the strength of Celtic in the SPL, I think a decent (not necessarily outstanding) manager could get them the title relatively easily. And while he hasn't been there for a huge length of time, I'd think 2 years is a decent amount of time to say you want a new challenge. That and the money mind you (and who wouldn't move jobs for a lot more money as well).

I'm slightly surprised at the news today that everyone's favourite motivator Brendan Rodgers has left Celtic - who are still in the running to win three trophies, including the league - to go and manage midlands-based also-rans Leicester City.

Top Bottom