LEL 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm intending to; 2013 wasn't possible as I wasn't ready and also had booked a holiday then.

2017 is my plan.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I gave it the customary 3 milliseconds thought, and came to the usual decision! :laugh:

(If I could, I would go faster, rather than further. I've done a few 140 mile rides and I wouldn't mind tackling a 200 mile or a 300 km ride. A '400' only if I were fit enough to do it in midsummer hours of daylight which would equate to averaging about 24 kph/15 mph. That would be my limit - LEL, PBP and so on ... no way!)

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I volunteered during 2013 which gave me a guaranteed entry for 2017.

Just got an email instructing me to claim my place or lose it.....best dust the bike off and get some miles done then.

I blame @arallsopp and his HUGELY INSPIRATIONAL book Barring Mechanicals for the next 755 days of nerves, training, hills, p*nctures
Weird that. I rode it in 2013 and I still blame @arallsopp every time I see or wear the jersey

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Got the same e-mail as you, @ComedyPilot, did you reply? :whistle:
Wondering if I am completely bonkers for even thinking about it for a mili-second... :ohmy: A little voice is telling me that I can just sign up now and decide later :eek::surrender:
I did actually dig out that infamous book from the bookshelf ... can I join the queue for blaming @arallsopp ? :laugh:
... and too much mingling with ultracyclist women (Juliana Buhring, Emily Chappell) recently at EdFoC ... :crazy:

T

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
I got the mail too. I've replied in the affirmative. Accident with a car saw my hopes to ride it last time around scuppered, and the resulting volunteering has found me a space. They didn't even penalise me for sleeping as @martint235 passed :smile:

If I do make LEL my nameplate will state "DCLane / I blame @arallsopp "

Mine will have a picture of the book cover with the subtitle Je ne suis pas arallsopp :biggrin:

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I got the mail too. I've replied in the affirmative. Accident with a car saw my hopes to ride it last time around scuppered, and the resulting volunteering has found me a space. They didn't even penalise me for sleeping as @martint235 passed :smile:

Mine will have a picture of the book cover with the subtitle Je ne suis pas arallsopp :biggrin:
Yes. That hasn't been forgotten. GPS screwed up as I left Brampton heading south. Still screwed up after a sleep at Barnard Castle. "Not to worry, I'll ask arallsopp for advice at Market Rasen".......

I intend to volunteer in 2017 so I'll be able to return the favour. :smile:

Top Bottom