LEL 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
upload_2017-8-1_9-6-18.png

iLB

Hello there
Edinbruuuup.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Anco may not be leading what isn't, of course, a race.

He is at Louth, while an Austrian, Gerd Ebner, has already left.

Seems to me both are well on course to beat 2013's 'winning' time of 65hrs 35mins.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Dumb question - should the cards not have had a stamp at Loughton when the maniacs started?

@monstadog My every sympathy ..

likewise! I managed two croissants and jam at Louth, and bought the last two SIS bars, but was starving by Barton. Jusdging by the crowd of cyclists outside the first shop in Barton I wasnt the only one! My backs on the mend now I've stopped doing big hills! might have a flattish ride out to Pocklington tomorrow to give some encouragement.

Last edited:
HI, my name's Browser and I'm a dullard! I was walking my dog 'round the Snowdon Field in Crowland, South Lincs (where I abide) on Sunday evening and saw a large number of very well-equipped Audaxy-looking types going past. 'Oho' thinks Mr Swift here, 'there's something serious going on here, this is noe TDF-wannabe weekend warrior Sportive, this looks far more serious'. Perceptive ain't I? :shy: In my defence, I haven't been on CC for quite some time, and have spent even less time looking at the LEL, crap defence I know but there we are.
In short, I know you'll be coming though this way again soon, and whilst I'd love to throw open the house to all and sundry shpulethey need a break I can't see Mrs Browser being as keen, especially as we're prepping to go on holiday on Friday. However, if anyone's in dire need of a quick mechanical fettle or a karzi stop, please PM me and I'll endeavour to take note and respond so you can come round for a quick bash 'n spanner or use of the, ahem, 'facilities' ^_^
I shall now retreat to my monks cell and learn by heart the pages of Cyclecraft as penance.............................:bicycle:

Mod note: Personal details removed to protect Browser's privacy since this forum is open to all. If you want to take up the offer please PM or click on the report button and ask the moderators for the details.

Browser note: Thanks for saving me from my own stupidity mods, I tend to forget some eejits only join forums to lurk and troll. :gun:

Last edited:

Trickedem

Guru
After no sleep and two croissants and a pile of jam :-) I left Louth at about 3:00 hoping to ride my back out, but it was all uphill to the bridge, so by the time I got there i was slow and walking anything above about 5% gradient. I took the hard decision to pack and caught the train home. Ill be back next time though!
Now I know why there wasn't any jam for my croissant!
Hope you are on the mend and back on the bike soon

tatr

I lost an hour between Edinburgh and the next control due to the cold.

Got back to Brampton at 1 just in time to see the last purple setting out North.

Heading south at a good enough pace and have enough ibuprofen to get to at least Louth.

Top Bottom