London Edinburgh London 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tribansman

Veteran
I think you could restrained yourself from that approach, Matt. I did!
Original comment was in slight devilment, and I know you're vastly experienced with multi day rides.
I do generally prefer a minimalist approach though, if only to stop myself faffing with and through loads of kit!

Tribansman

Veteran
I thought everyone who has applied 'got' a place on LEL, at least that's what Danial implied.
Midges are well worth avoiding.
I didn't read the criteria properly - didn't meet the AUK membership requirements

Ajax Bay

Guru
Shucks, just searched my emails and I was invited to reapply late dexember, went into my junk mail
Nope: whatever the Dexember e-mail said it wasn't about any LEL 'ballot'. The entry window was 7-21 Jan for both Audax UK (and Ireland) members (as at Sep 2018) AND for others (going into ballot). In the event the total entered seems to have been about the ride's capacity. I suspect they'll have accepted +10% because the 'know' that that's about the number who drop out either with refund (before xx March) or subsequently. Given this I would not be surprised if there's another call for last minute entries some time around Easter. I'll see all who've entered at the start (Loughton) - please know your rider number!

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I have to say it's fantastic to read the build-up to these events; training & other preparations, packing lists, hopes & fears, and of course the dotwatching and blog updates of the actual ride. Keep the updates coming!

Nebulous

Guru
Ive got those too and they're great

But toe covers...in August?! :eek:

The stretch from Edinburgh to Eskdalemuir was wet and cold and I wore overshoes. They contributed to me falling off, breaking my ribs, and my DNF. I threw them away in disgust, but I packed and used them.

Top Bottom