London Edinburgh London 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
They won’t be fitted till early July.
That's very laid back. Are they special race tyres?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
That's very laid back. Are they special race tyres?

Not that special, just mid range road tyres in terms of rolling. Certainly not Continental GP5000 level of rolling. I normally run touring tyres (lighter end of that) for my every day. I did some tests during one of the 2020 lockdowns and mid range road tyres compared to my touring tyres added between 1.5 to 2 km/h to my averages on a fairly flat bit of road I tested on over an hour. Which will add up to a lot over LEL timescales. For everyday I’m happy enough on touring tyres, which are faff free, and last a long time.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I’m sure @Tribansman will be cursing me when they are on top of Yadd Moss at 3am, it is blowing a hoolie and tipping down, and they have a puncture. The consolation will be that I Ming, will be out there somewhere as well, in the Merciless weather.

Tribansman

Veteran
I’m sure @Tribansman will be cursing me when they are on top of Yadd Moss at 3am, it is blowing a hoolie and tipping down, and they have a puncture.
I may well be, but hopefully that will all be forgotten at the finish when I'm supping a beer having limped in with minutes to spare, exhausted but ecstatic!

On my last long audax (1200km), I finished with 10 mins to spare, having spent too long over a pizza when I got complacent about how much time I had in hand. Will have to sort the amount of time I spend faffing at controls and also be better at setting my alarm so I don't wake up having had two or three hours more than planned!

Really looking forward to this, now need to put a rough training schedule together. Confident that I've got an ok endurance base, just need to factor in some long, overnight rides and back to back 200 mile days

It's nearly here, just want to wish good luck to all of you who are riding. I'm volunteering, Sunday and Monday at Boston and then down to Great Easton for the next four days. I may be rather tired at the end of the week, but probably not as satisfied as the people who ride and finish. Hopefully be able to put some faces to names somehow.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Best of luck to all riders. I am running Registration on the Saturday (preceded by many hours registration bag stuffing for the team Thu pm and all Friday) at Debden/Loughton. Know your rider number please ;) and thoroughly read the FAQs on https://londonedinburghlondon.com/faq before arriving.

I'm at Debden too. Friday to Sunday. Organising the car parking, whilst my partner is heading up the refreshments and food.. See you then. :okay:

Top Bottom