Let This Be A Warning!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
it was a lovely sunny day yesterday,around 1pm i thought i should get out on my road bike and do a gentle ride, got to twenty miles stopped for a sip of water and turned to come home about a mile into the return leg my chain snapped...i'd forgotten to pack the chain tool(my heart sank)tried to get a cab to pick me up but they would'nt collect me because i'd forgotten to pack my credit card to settle payment in advance(it was looking very bleak at this stage) sent a message to mrs dangerous but she could'nt help since she was watching leeds united play at elland road...i thought i'd be tough and walk back...19 miles= 6 hours...GO PREPARED WHEN YOU GO OUT! :biggrin::ohmy:!:biggrin::biggrin:!:eek::angry:xx(:angry::ohmy::angry:

OP
OP
D

dangerousjules

Veteran
p.s walked it in spd shoes too...i can't walk today...please send sympathy!

Pete

dangerousjules said:
sent a message to mrs dangerous but she could'nt help since she was watching leeds united play at elland road
Seems she didn't have the best of Saturdays either...
Leeds 0-1 Hereford
(HT 0-1) Ainsworth 3
Bookings:
Hughes 28
Heath 69

...GO PREPARED WHEN YOU GO OUT! :biggrin::ohmy:!:biggrin::biggrin:!:eek::angry:xx(:angry::ohmy::angry:
The point, precisely. But some breakdowns you can't be prepared for, e.g. broken crank/rim/frame/fork. No way are any of those a roadside repair! Always carry money!

Peter

You have my sympathy, but you must train mrs dangerous a bit better.
I've been caught a few times, miles from home and the missus has always been able to collect me - eventually!

bonj2

Pete said:
The point, precisely. But some breakdowns you can't be prepared for, e.g. broken crank/rim/frame/fork. No way are any of those a roadside repair! Always carry money!

What you mean you DON'T always carry a spare rim? :biggrin::eek: I do! :biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
"sent a message to mrs dangerous but she could'nt help since she was watching leeds united play at elland road..."

I don't know which is the biggest 'crime', not picking you up or watching Leeds United!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete

bonj said:
What you mean you DON'T always carry a spare rim? :biggrin:xx( I do! :biggrin:
I have learnt, through several years now of internet forumming, that there are some posts best not responded to. :ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:
Oops! I think I just did! :eek:

I must admit I have just replaced my Chain tool with a pair of wire cutters (Parrisesque)

More seriously.....

This is one of those that will occasionally bite you.

No matter what you carry it will always be the tool that you "didn't need" that will be required. I tend to congregate an increasing tool kit, and every so often "clear it out" and that is when this hapens to me!

Globalti

Legendary Member
We once picked up a roadie we spotted walking along the pavement with a puncture. Took him home and his Mrs came out of the house, stood with hands on hips and asked loudly "Okay - what's he done this time?" He was embarrassed.

Top Bottom