Lets have another holiday thread to brighten us up.....where will you (hopefully) be going ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
As posted elsewhere we have just had a 100% refund from Traifinders for a cancelled Xmas new year trip to madeira. Their Peace of Mind policy guarantees full refund if holiday cancelled because of Covid plus their in-house insurance policy covers all thing covid while travelling.

Being a private company, they have built big reserves over the past 40 years and unlike most companies do not use your deposit as company finance.

They offer exceptional service at a fair price.

We do our research, and tell them what to book and get a better deal than booking direct. BA Culled Calgary as a destination a week or so ago, first we knew of it was a phone call from TF giving us revised bookings with WestJet.
Mrs A_T's Trailfinders' retirement/significant birthday trip to 'New England in the Fall' on QM2 was cancelled so looking to go sometime in 2022...

PK99

Legendary Member
Europe?

If only we had an EHIC card still... travel insurance options on agency booked travel will; be increasingly expensive... still got travel insurance cover through NatWest- must check out whether that;'s still viable!

Reliance on EHIC and saving on travel insurance has always been a stupid thing to do - as the every year sad tales of expensive repatriation after injury or illness attest.

My holiday insurance cost (bank account linked) will not rise.

dodgy

I think the tempo is about to change in a big way as far as vaccination goes (likely the oxford vaccine will be approved either tomorrow or Tuesday), I'm still hopeful of a trip to the French Alps in July, we've booked it so you can blame me if it all goes tits up again.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Reliance on EHIC and saving on travel insurance has always been a stupid thing to do - as the every year sad tales of expensive repatriation after injury or illness attest.

Worth checking altitude restrictions too.

If you're going over 2500 m, then 'normal' travel insurance often won't cover you for rescue and repatriation.

Not needed it yet, but its nice to have the peace of mind in case of pratfalls.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace

Yes we have that too... but I suspect you may be disappointed when the monthly charges go up PK.

EHIC free at point of contact access to GPs across the EU has been a blessing for our son's year in France and daughter teaching in Spain and Mrs A_T on occasions over the years, and often as good or better than our own health centre.

Last edited:
Isn't there meant to be an equivalent scheme to EHIC being put in place?

PK99

Legendary Member
Yes we have that too... but I suspect you may be disappointed when the monthly charges go up PK.
claimsL
I doubt it will increase significantly.

We pay £15 per month which covers holiday insurance (Claims: 1x ACL Buinness class repatriations from France and one fROM Canada plus 1x fractured pelvis Business Class repatriation from France), Mobile phone insurance (24 hour like for like replacement last year when I left mine I a pub), Green Flag motoring cover for all our casr and any car we happen to be traveling in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well, supposed to be:
La Gomera at the end of March. - Carried over from last year, but I don't see it happening.
Red Sea at the end of May. - Carried over from last year. Iffy.
Scapa Flow at the end of September. Currently slightly less iffy.

I would also like to spend at least another week somewhere with Mrs B. The remoter the better so far as I am concerned, but Mrs B is way more sociable than I, so that will be a compromise.
Where is La Gomera ??
Never dived Scarpa Flow. I did plan it once but Oban won the day.
Done quite a bit in the Red Sea.

Top Bottom