Lets have another holiday thread to brighten us up.....where will you (hopefully) be going ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I can see 2021 being a wash out BUT if we can really get rid of this virus we fancy either......
A. Puerto Pollenca. Had 2 great holidays there recently and the cycling is wonderful.
B. Alvore, Portugal. So many good restaurants. Lots of walks. Cycling was iffy imo as roads were very tight.

The way things are it will be a week at 'argate' but we can hope.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
We've got a voucher for a week in a small house in Greece from a cancelled holiday last September. Lord knows when we'll get there.

Slick

Guru
Now that sounds awesome. Way beyond me nowadays but would be a good ride.
Nothing concrete but plans are definitely afoot before it becomes beyond us as well.:okay:

Although there is always the train as a bail out option to speed things along a bit. ^_^

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have a mountain bike which I need to drop off at my sister's retirement cottage in Devon.

And I am going to rebuild my old Basso road bike which I will also need to drop off at my sister's retirement cottage in Devon.

Some time later I will need to go down and ride the mountain bike over some nice Devon bridleways.

Oh, and I will also need to go down and ride the road bike up and down some lovely Devon roads.

Obviously, there will need to be other visits to keep the bike fettling up to date... :whistle:

I aim to spend about 10% of my time down there, all being well, post-Covid-vaccinations/lockdowns.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
We prefer not to plan, but, rather, just to go!, usually, to mainland Europe for 2-3 months, a couple of times a year (the joy of retirement).

Assuming "recreational travel" opens up in 2021, I doubt our usual options will be possible, "random" travel in the UK, without bookings, is always problematic, and, additional costs (mainly health insurance) for mainland Europe, make that option doubtful.

I think we will have to become boring, and learn to plan and book. ;)

Last edited:

Julia9054

Guru
I have a P&O ferries voucher that I am attempting to spend from my cancelled Hull - Zeebrugge - Rotterdam - Hull cycle tour.
Trying to book for the last week in July 2021. Unfortunately the P&O internet booking system implodes at the word bicycle so I have to do it via phone call. Still waiting for calls back to say it is booked

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I can see 2021 being a wash out BUT if we can really get rid of this virus we fancy either......
A. Puerto Pollenca. Had 2 great holidays there recently and the cycling is wonderful.
B. Alvore, Portugal. So many good restaurants. Lots of walks. Cycling was iffy imo as roads were very tight.

The way things are it will be a week at 'argate' but we can hope.

Hmmn,

Now this is a cheerier thread.. :rolleyes:

Top half of Cape Wrath Trail over ten days or so - Ullapool to Sandwood Bay in May.

Hoping to get enough time (six weeks maybe) off the farm to do the whole HRP crossing Aug - September - done lots of it already, but not all in one go yet..

Then a couple of weeks touring either Scotland, France, or Spain in October. Subject to whim and opportunity.

And a few longer weekends, Dartmoor / Wales etc.

All tent based 'fun' with the odd B&B thrown in here and there because, no I'm no longer a penniless vagrant.

OK Covid, we've learnt our lesson now (hollow laugh) you can b*gger off now... :hello:

We've got nice places to go, fun things to do :angel:

Julia9054

Guru
We also want to walk the Dales Way - probably May half term.
The other one that got cancelled was a hut to hut walking trip in the Dolomites. The company have hung on to our deposit so will probably re book for end of August. Armageddon permitting.

Top Bottom