Let's help poor Katie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
"Katie was once at the helm of a booming business empire, with enterprises including the KP Equestrian range, The Katie Price Lingerie Collection, a jewellery line with Argos, perfumes and a self-titled loungewear boutique"

Maybe she invested a lot and it didn't work out? I can't help thinking that perhaps she thought she would be an "It" girl forever and the money would keep rolling in indefinitely

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I'm a bit behind the times here. Who is Katie Price????????:blush:. I suspect a Z-list 'celebrity' who got famous for being on a crap gameshow?.

D

Deleted member 26715

"Katie was once at the helm of a booming business empire, with enterprises including the KP Equestrian range, The Katie Price Lingerie Collection, a jewellery line with Argos, perfumes and a self-titled loungewear boutique"

Maybe she invested a lot and it didn't work out? I can't help thinking that perhaps she thought she would be an "It" girl forever and the money would keep rolling in indefinitely
Spreading herself a bit thin & allowing others to control her money is likely to what has caused the issue. I still have respect for her, using/abusing the system to get where she wanted.

KneesUp

Guru
I would imagine she has paid people to advise her and look after her, but who have done so badly. I think it's mildly misogynistic that we have a thread about Katie Price's money woes when there is not one about Ian Wright, for example, who is not bankrupt, but is on I'm A Celebrity ... because he owes HMRC a truck load of money as a result - guess what - of being exploited by people who were supposedly giving him good financial advice. Or, indeed, threads about Chris Sutton, Brad Friedel, John Arne Riise, David James - or any other of the 40% of footballers who declare themselves bankrupt after they finish playing - almost always because they took bad advice.

I do recall an interview with her once - probably in Loaded or FHM in the mid 90s - where she claimed she was on her way to becoming a billionaire, and wondering if she knew how large a number a billion is. I suspect that even given her loss of earning potential over the years, she could still command enough of a fee for events that she could start from nothing and earn enough in the next 2 years to live a nice life and save for the kind of retirement I aspire to - but whether or not will be enough for someone used to much more, I don't know.

D

Deleted member 26715

Check out the boomers asking who Katie Price is. If only there was a worldwide interconnected system of computers that allowed you to search for the name. I bet you lot don't have TVs either.
Are they Boomers?
I would imagine she has paid people to advise her and look after her, but who have done so badly. I think it's mildly misogynistic that we have a thread about Katie Price's money woes when there is not one about Ian Wright, for example, who is not bankrupt, but is on I'm A Celebrity ... because he owes HMRC a truck load of money as a result - guess what - of being exploited by people who were supposedly giving him good financial advice. Or, indeed, threads about Chris Sutton, Brad Friedel, John Arne Riise, David James - or any other of the 40% of footballers who declare themselves bankrupt after they finish playing - almost always because they took bad advice.

I do recall an interview with her once - probably in Loaded or FHM in the mid 90s - where she claimed she was on her way to becoming a billionaire, and wondering if she knew how large a number a billion is. I suspect that even given her loss of earning potential over the years, she could still command enough of a fee for events that she could start from nothing and earn enough in the next 2 years to live a nice life and save for the kind of retirement I aspire to - but whether or not will be enough for someone used to much more, I don't know.
Maybe because some of us have heard of Katie Price (Jordan) I have never heard of 4 of the 5 you mention & wasn't aware of his or their financial issues.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
there is not one about Ian Wright, for example, who is not bankrupt, but is on I'm A Celebrity ... because he owes HMRC a truck load of money

Ooo, I didn't know Wrighty was short of dough.

I'm a Tottenham fan, but Wright always struck me as a sound lad, he was married to the same lass for a long time and might still be.

Seems he's determined to pay the tax debt, rather than let himself slip into bankruptcy which would be, arguably, the easier option.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/im-a-celebrity/10402348/ian-wright-im-a-celeb-tax-debt/

KneesUp

Guru
Maybe because some of us have heard of Katie Price (Jordan) I have never heard of 4 of the 5 you mention & wasn't aware of his or their financial issues.
You might not have heard of them, but it's rather disingenous to suggest they are not famous, or "household names" in many homes. My point is that I don't remember there being threads about them, or the papers having quite so much coverage - the tabloids have been running "ooh Katie Price is skint" stories for months (although I accept that there is a possibility that she might have been providing info to the tabloids for the stories for cash) Footballers going bankrupt tend to get much more sympathetic press for a day or two, and then it's never mentioned again.

KneesUp

Guru
Ooo, I didn't know Wrighty was short of dough.

I'm a Tottenham fan, but Wright always struck me as a sound lad, he was married to the same lass for a long time and might still be.

Seems he's determined to pay the tax debt, rather than let himself slip into bankruptcy which would be, arguably, the easier option.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/im-a-celebrity/10402348/ian-wright-im-a-celeb-tax-debt/
They split some time ago. He lost all his memorabilia when she stopped paying for storage in America. One wonders why all his memorabilia was in America, in the care of his ex-wife, though ...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...on-memorabilia-haul-sold-ex-wife-failed-keep/

D

Deleted member 26715

ROFL I would not normally follow a Sun link but as he always seemed a nice guy I did, scrolled down the page & saw the Jungle bookies thing. Of the 12 people in there I would say Who? to 11 of them, Ian Wright being the only one I know.
You might not have heard of them, but it's rather disingenous to suggest they are not famous, or "household names" in many homes.
How can it be disingenuous if I have never heard of them or their plight

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Katie Hopkins, now Katie Price. If you have any relatives called Katie, please check in on them now. And in particular, their finances.

Oh, and I wouldn't let my child invite a friend called Katie to their birthday party. You just never know how they could turn out, and it would be embarassing to be associated with them! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom