Lets see some ride figures for 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
9774.62 miles for the year. Not one of them junk miles.
I tried for the 10,000 but as I mentioned previously, change in life circumstances meant a good half of the year on a lower daily commute.
Now back to the old longer commute I should be back on the 10,000 target for next year.

vickster

Legendary Member
After stupidly refreshing my stats on Strava which knocked about 70 off the previous total, I've ended the year on 3710.5 miles, with around 101,000ft elevation gain (not that much I'm sure but it's somewhat flat around these parts), 578 rides recorded across a smidge over 296 hours
That includes about five weeks off for holidays and three with a knackered back!

I'll try to get a few on the board for 2019 before my knee op on the 10th, although it looks like it's getting much colder towards the end of the week :cold:

Last edited:

albal

Guru
Stats for 2018. Almost half was crossing Canada!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181231-175843.png
    Screenshot_20181231-175843.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 29

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Pretty up and down year for me with an achilles injury over the summer. I did manage to ride from the south coast of England to the north coast of Scotland (though due to that injury, in 2 parts). Also didn't actually manage to finish an Audax this year for one reason or another.

At the moment I'm pondering over whether I up the target next year, or whether I try and do more walking in the Lake District.
cycling_2018.png

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
My ride miles have been steadily getting less as the years have gone by since I started recording them in 2012. From circa 3000 in 2012 down to 449.10 last year. I noticed yesterday that I only needed to do 10 miles this year to beat last years total, so I went out today and smashed it. 454 miles exactly.

Just not into the riding anymore to be honest, I had more fun taking apart and restoring an old BSA bike this year than riding.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I missed my target of 12 000km this year. But hey, I ended up on Hawaii, so I’m not really bothered.

0D6215D3-D4E0-4DE0-AB7C-F5A323AC52F5.jpeg

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
My final total for 2018 was 2103. Better than my 2017 total but disappointed I couldn't get it up to 2250! Still, happy with what I have achieved ^_^. Hoping to exceed this figure in 2019 but not a good start to the year as I have had a severe cold since Christmas and not been out on the bike yet this year!! :sad:
A Like for the mileage, sympathy for the cold.

Top Bottom