Lets see some ride figures for 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
@vickster
And after a whole day's practice, the rehearsal, our last ever, was cancelled. So I did, all unbeknownst like, have the time to do the ride, but...too late! It was dark by then and I don't have lights good enough for that.
Bum.
You don't need strong lights to ride round the block on lit streets...especially now the roads are quiet...or you can go out at first light in the morning for 15 minutes to do a couple of miles!

Milzy

Guru
It’s not quantity it’s quality of miles that counts. So many carry on with junk miles & not enough recovery. :smile:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Well with 1 day to go, my total for 2018 is far more than I planned. 9782 miles so far & tomorrow it will be dark by the time I get home, so will only manage a zwift session. Would have made 10k again this year had I not had a weekend away & illness for a week earlier this month :sad:.
I doubt I'll get out as much next year, but I didn't think I'd get out so much this year, so here's hoping :okay:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Sorted with one day to go, ended the year with 159 extra miles, 7000 was my goal.:okay:
final ride.PNG

You don't need strong lights to ride round the block on lit streets...especially now the roads are quiet...or you can go out at first light in the morning for 15 minutes to do a couple of miles!
I'll try and get some in tomorrow. It will be short though. End-of-rock-band-career NYE bash in a medium venue, 16kW PA, I'll need all the strength I can muster. And ear protection.
A standard gig is 2x45 minutes. We'll be doing a 90-minute first set, 30 minute break, then another 2 hours encompassing the shenanigans at midnight.
I will not be getting up early the next morning.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'll try and get some in tomorrow. It will be short though. End-of-rock-band-career NYE bash in a medium venue, 16kW PA, I'll need all the strength I can muster. And ear protection.
A standard gig is 2x45 minutes. We'll be doing a 90-minute first set, 30 minute break, then another 2 hours encompassing the shenanigans at midnight.
I will not be getting up early the next morning.
Sounds like fun!

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I don't have computers on any of my bikes and I don't use Strava. This means I can make up any mileage I like.

gavgav

Guru
1301 miles for me (the 1 makes all the difference ^_^)

A little disappointed, as It’s my lowest since getting back into cycling, in 2013, over 300 down on last year.

Excuses being the very cold weather in the first 3 months of the year and the very hot weather across the summer, coupled with the World Cup, meaning on many evenings I simply couldn’t be bothered to get out and would rather sit in the garden with a beer and then watch football!!

Hopefully 2019 will be a higher mileage year, only I can make that happen though.

Top Bottom