Lets see your cycle path

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I bet those cobbles can get a bit slippery
Around this time of year - very! I walked down 'The Buttress' yesterday holding on to the handrail all the way down because the leaf mulch on top of the cobblestones was really dodgy to walk on. I definitely wouldn't want to be riding down it.

ColinJ, that looks terrifying :eek:
I tried riding down it once - just once! I got about 10 yards down it and quickly realised that I was going to die if I didn't stop before I built-up any more speed. The trouble is - how do you slow down on steep, slippery cobbles? In the end I locked the front wheel and started to go over the bars, Fortunately, I was able to grab hold of the handrail to stop myself falling.

In this Health & Safety-dominated world, how do they get away with directing cyclists down that monster!

Here's what one cyclist thought of the ascent ...

S4496b8d9756c29.jpg

I've been toying with trying to ride up it one day, but even that is not without its hazards. You don't want a clipless pedal fall on a surface like that!

I was away this year when they held the first annual Buttress hillclimb event! :sad:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
shorehamNCN2.png

Shoreham-by-Sea - spot the deliberate mistake.............

400bhp

Guru
Dr Beeching has done good. :thumbsup:

Where's that on the TPT Potsy? Don't recognise it.

400bhp

Guru
Ahh, always gone west along the tpt. Never been further west than chorlton water park.

Worth venturing that way with wife and kids in tow?

potsy

Rambler
Ahh, always gone west along the tpt. Never been further west than chorlton water park.

Worth venturing that way with wife and kids in tow?

Not really tbh, bit rough in parts, certainly not as good as the Alty-Warrington stretch I've been doing with the Mrs.

Nice change for the odd commute though, hence my need for a more suitable off-road bike :thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
Looks great that Foss, will have to have a go down there this winter myself.
Tricross with nobbly-ish tyres and disc brakes coming up :thumbsup:

Top Bottom