Lets see your cycle path

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Have you finally made the decision, then? Excellent choice. :becool:
99% :whistle: going for the 'sport' version, can't really see £300 extra for tiagra being worth it for me.

Norm

Haaa haaa That's been about a year of cogitation to date, hasn't it?

Send me your credit card details, chap, and I'll buy the ruddy thing for you. :thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
2013's will be out soon won't they? :laugh:
Seeing Foss's pics has got me all excited about snowy commutes down the trail, will go and have a chat with the lbs on Friday.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS those pics were with standard knobblies on, the day before I got the spikes (spikes were on order stuck at courier depot). Fab in the snow, just gets tedious after two weeks ! :biggrin:

The section with the horses is near the M60 - brings you out near Hawk Green - it's the long route via Reddish Vale Park - i.e. you need to drop down by the lakes, near where the first pic is. Took two hours that day to ride home...lol. Granny gear and a foot of snow all the way. And a big smile ! Didn't see many cars for some reason.

lukesdad

I know it's not very exciting, but it was such a beautiful evening I thought I'd stop on my commute and take a couple of pics of NCN4, watch those leaves mind!

Edit: Changed the size of some ludicrously big pictures :blush:

Where abouts are those pics Muggy ?

lukesdad

Hi lukesdad, it's the cycle path which goes from near the Pembrokeshire College down to Neyland marina, the bit which the pics are of is a section between Tiers Cross and Johnston.

http://www.cyclepemb...tent.asp?id=134

It's the Brunel Trail, there's a link at the bottom of the page in my link which shows the route.

Ah cheers :thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
PS those pics were with standard knobblies on, the day before I got the spikes (spikes were on order stuck at courier depot). Fab in the snow, just gets tedious after two weeks ! :biggrin:

The section with the horses is near the M60 - brings you out near Hawk Green - it's the long route via Reddish Vale Park - i.e. you need to drop down by the lakes, near where the first pic is. Took two hours that day to ride home...lol. Granny gear and a foot of snow all the way. And a big smile ! Didn't see many cars for some reason.

I give the horses a wave as I go past there, and the cows that are sometimes in the field opposite Burnage rugby club :hello:
cows!!.JPG
cow in the river.JPG

lukesdad

Just seen on that website, they ve opened some forest tracks up above Rosebush Mugshot. I often mtb the bridleway above there. Might go over the weekend and have a gander.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Just seen on that website, they ve opened some forest tracks up above Rosebush Mugshot. I often mtb the bridleway above there. Might go over the weekend and have a gander.

I've never been mountain biking, I have been tempted on more than one occasion to have a go on the route by Canaston Bridge, but I usually think of it when I'm riding past and I've already done at least 15 miles by then, so haven't taken it any further, plus I've been on the road bike or the hybrid. Will have to chuck the mountain bike in the back of the van (I am WVM!) and head up there, trouble is the mountain bike is need of some serious TLC, hasn't even got a saddle at the moment!
Bloody hell, how many excuses in one post :blush:

NCN1 "Coast and Castles" just south of Berwick
cyclePath.jpg

Quality Surface

Often large heard of cows and the only escape route is down cliffs to the left or over the wall on the the east coast main railway line
The NCN 1 further north was a joke too, it went straight up Binn Hill at 12%, not too steep but it was an off road muddy track through the dense woods! Some where round here to the top of the hill!

Binn Hill 2.jpg

043365_fdb3e161.jpg

Not surprisingly it goes a different way now and the old route is just a local cycling route!

Binn Hill.jpg

Top Bottom