Lidl checkout display reversed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I went to pay by card and saw what the woman had been complaining about - the display on the card terminal was reversed. Not only was the text right to left instead of left to right, but the characters were all reversed too!

In that situation, I'd have retrieved my trolley and carried on shopping until the total came to £88.11 :smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
In that situation, I'd have retrieved my trolley and carried on shopping until the total came to £88.11 :smile:
£99·10?

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Don’t know if it is applicable to debit/credit card machines, but, my brother-in-law once managed to produce that result on his Windows Laptop. He did not know quite how he did it, but, based on his sister’s modus operandi, I would suspect it was through randomly pressing keys while being impatient for some action to complete. I managed to correct it by looking up the problem on google, although I cannot recall the solution, there was a solution listed. I assume therefore he is not the first person to achieve the effect.

cuberider

Über Member
We had the same thing at work once last year just on one checkout (I'm a Manager for one of the bigger supermarkets). I can't remember what caused it.

My local Aldi sees queues forming and one of the checkout staff press a button and another checkout goes green light. Then your hear two automated tannoy announcements for an assistant to go to checkout number and that the checkout is going to open. I think they do this when there is a conveyor belt full and one other person waiting at the end of all open checkouts. One day they opened all checkouts and even the store manager got onto one. In fact I often see the store manager, assistant and even the overall store manager working the checkouts.

They do run with low levels of workforce but the workforce seem to work at a higher rate of urgency than b workers at most of the other supermarkets. Tesco staff work slower than it takes paint to dry. Painful to watch sometimes.

classic33

Leg End Member
No, that wouldn't have had the desired effect.
I never said what was in the second quote, it's spreading.

Now there's posts saying it would work revetsed & upside down, vanishing!!

Last edited:

snorri

Legendary Member
The local variations are interesting:smile:

I have noticed that some staff seem more senior than others, but they still all do all of the jobs. It is unlikely that there is NO manager but I have never noticed anyone with a manager's badge on.
One of the attractions of Lidl when compared with Morrisons was the lack of managerial types on the shop floor, apparently doing nothing but draining the wage bill.

It keeps the costs down, but there is never enough people on the tills at Lidl or Aldi. I have walked out a few times due to till queues.
I walked out of Morrisons never to return due to this problem and into Lidl which keeps any queue moving well.

Top Bottom