Lidl cycling event

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I see Lidl have a few bike related bits on 11 July. The famous workstand is available once again.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-AE8B93FB-270BA166/www_lidl_uk/hs.xsl/our-offers-2491.htm?id=79

Is the workstand any good then?

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
Is the workstand any good then?

In all honesty, it wouldn't last long in a professional workshop, but it is solid, well made and more than adequate for home DIY cycle repairs/servicing. That is just my own opinion of course, others may disagree.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
That workstand looks exactly the same as the one I bought from Black Dog cycles via eBay (or possibly Amazon). If so, it's at a good price, and mine seems solid enough.

PBB

Veteran
Lidl in Splott, Cardiff had around 10 workstands at lunchtime if anyone local is interested. Guess who was on the bike today though :sad:

Probably a good thing, at least I wasn't tempted.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Just bought myself a workstand after missing out the last few times, there were maybe 20 left in Milton Keynes at 5pm :smile:

Fubar

Guru
Bought a work stand today in the Edinburgh Granton store, about 25 left - also bought shorts and tights, didn't think much of the other stuff except maybe the tool kit.

Kies

I have taped some pipe insulation to the jaws to be extra extra safe - no problems with paintwork thus far. Roadbike is clamped via the toptube as the seatpost is carbon, and the hybrid is clamped at seatpost

Havoc6

Anyone know if the the 3/4 shorts are any good?

I got a pair of those , they are deffo tights as opposed to thicker shorts material. The pads not bad and they look good too. For £8 I think they are well worth it.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I got a pair of those , they are deffo tights as opposed to thicker shorts material. The pads not bad and they look good too. For £8 I think they are well worth it.

Just bought a pair. seem pretty good for the money.The pad looks quite thick,grippers on legs and drawstring waist.

Sizes are generous so if undecided go for the smaller size.

Will give them a go tommorow and report back.

Havoc6

Just bought a pair. seem pretty good for the money.The pad looks quite thick,grippers on legs and drawstring waist.

Sizes are generous so if undecided go for the smaller size.

Will give them a go tommorow and report back.

Yep sizes are generous I'm normally L / XL and I got a pair of Med and plenty of room

Top Bottom