Lidl Cycling Gear Thurs 5th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
The black and grey has a short zip

Thanks. I didn't like the way the the white patch on the front showed off my beer belly.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Went in yesterday morning, the last set of 3/4 lengths I bought have been well worn (got a bit achy on Sunday, though the heat certainly didn't help!) so I wanted some new ones. Back in today to get exchange or refund on three of the four pairs, I'd inadvertently bought shorts instead. Fortunately, they still had 3/4s in stock, in the right size. Phew! Somewhat confusing naming: shorts are described as 'cycling trousers' on the box (er, they're not trousers...), the 3/4s as 'cropped cycling trousers' (when they're longer than the 'non-cropped'....). That probably makes sense to someone. A few things had cleared already- no shoes, no male jerseys.

C R

Guru
Got the red and black shoes yesterday. They had plenty of the grey ones in different sizes, but the red and black only in 9 and 11, luckily after much digging found a 7.5 pair, which fits nicely, will try on the bike today to see how well they work.

hoppym27

Got the red and black shoes yesterday. They had plenty of the grey ones in different sizes, but the red and black only in 9 and 11, luckily after much digging found a 7.5 pair, which fits nicely, will try on the bike today to see how well they work.

Let me know how they go, I fancy a pair of those

The Bystander

Über Member

Never had cycling specific shoes before so have nothing to compare against but I'm delighted with the (red & black) pair I got. They're not SPD shoes but I ride on flats with toe clips so they are fine for me.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I bought a track pump and a small hand pump. Neither seemed to work well with presta valves although that was at silly o'clock before sunrise.
Will give them another try before returning them.

C R

Guru

Never had cycling specific shoes before so have nothing to compare against but I'm delighted with the (red & black) pair I got. They're not SPD shoes but I ride on flats with toe clips so they are fine for me.

Same here, don't have SPDs, only flat pedals with toe clips. I have been using trainers, but find that they tend to fail in my right foot around the toes, where they bend when I put my foot down when stopping. The soles in the shoes from Lidl are quite rigid, and my first impression after a four mile bimble is that pedaling is more comfortable than in the trainers. Walking in them is a bit weird for a couple of minutes, but after that they feel fine. Will have to see how they feel after a long ride.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I bought a track pump and a small hand pump. Neither seemed to work well with presta valves although that was at silly o'clock before sunrise.
Will give them another try before returning them.
I have one of the track pumps as a back up, doent like road bike pressures as i have to half deflate the tyre to pump it up to the correct pressure .

I bought a track pump a couple of yrs ago - never could get it to work well with presta, but it's still in the shed in case I get round to try and 'modify it'. Lidl cycling shoes were my first SPDs, but gave me hot foot which the later shimanos didn't. Tried a light set once - it fell apart. The mitts have worked for me buying ones that fit well and then larger ones to go over the top to double up - helps keep numbness at bay on long rides. Synthetic base layers have been good.

Alan O

Über Member
I popped in today and got a pair of gloves for £3.99.

I looked at the shoes too, and they seem like a con. They're really not cycling shoes at all, just two different kinds of trainers - even the labels on them say nothing about cycling.

Top Bottom