Lidl Cycling Gear Thurs 5th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mgs315

Got me a set of glasses and a saddle bag kit. Alas no lights nor did they have any clothes in anything smaller than a large so didn’t even check out the quality. Oh well. Not bad for a couple of quid.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Depends what they got? Im guessing they are the Chinese Cree lights?? I dont think ive seen lidl do the moon nebula knock offs.
Depends what they got? Im guessing they are the Chinese Cree lights?? I dont think ive seen lidl do the moon nebula knock offs.
It was these, although they don't appear on their site. I can't remember the cost, maybe between £9.99 - £12.99.

image.jpeg

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Ahhh the Busch + Müller style clones. Ive seen them being sold a earlier in the year but i wasnt so keen on them. Maybe Im just spoiled by Aldi's bikemate lights.

Nothing of any interest for me this time around, but last time I did buy one of their windproof cycling jackets for £9.99 - the one with the detachable sleeves.

Really loving it, been wearing it mainly as a gilet, but being able to stuff the sleeves in a pocket and put them on once the temp drops has been just the ticket.

Downside, fit isn't the best - it's a tad too long in the body and the sleeves won't accommodate much more than a thin jersey or base layer under them. But for that price, I ain't arguing.

devon wheels

Regular
picked up 2 cycle helmets for the kids from lidls today, £9.99 each and they are pretty decent, also had a lot of hi5 bars and electrolyte tablets

devon wheels

Regular
Im amazed at the snobbery towards lidls kit (not on here) that i read on other forums, people bemoaning that they would rather support there LBS for clothing etc, i'm of the opinion that lidls makes cycling affordable for many (especially me).

Top Bottom