Lidl Cycling Gear Thurs 5th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Yes, if it said "Slow Pace", it could have been a best seller. ^_^
It would be more suitable for me if it said "abnormal load" .

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you have wide feet and want budget spd shoes, I've found Lidl's previous offerings to be v comfortable.
I have, and I do!

I have pretty much worn out my old pair of Aldi cycling shoes. They are getting very tatty now and I have already glued the soles back on 2 or 3 times so I would rather keep them for short local rides from now on. I don't fancy accidentally pulling off the bottom of a cycling shoe 40 miles from home, 20 miles from a station, and 10 miles from a call box/mobile reception!

I was saying to @Littgull on a ride only last week that I would be watching out for Aldi/Lidl cycling offers for a replacement pair of shoes. I go to Lidl 4 or 5 times a week so I would have spotted the offer anyway, but thanks for the notice @GuyBoden - I'll go in early to see if I can find a pair my size. I might take a look at the 3/4 shorts too. Now that my waist is a more healthy size I can tolerate waistbands better so bibs are no longer needed for comfort.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Tops ok for commuting but too baggy for anything else on me and found the shoes from both lidl and aldi split on the spd plate after 6 months unless they have improved recently .
One of my pairs of Aldi shoes lasted about 3 or 4 years before the soles got worn down to expose the cleats. I still wear them sometimes for mucky winter rides but they aren't so convenient for walking in now.

The other pair of Aldi shoes mentioned in my previous post were good for over 2 years but then the soles started becoming unglued. TBH, they were fine until I took the shoes as my only footwear on a holiday and did rather too much walking in them. Short walks at cafes is one thing. An hour or two wandering around tourist attractions is another!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
One of my pairs of Aldi shoes lasted about 3 or 4 years before the soles got worn down to expose the cleats. I still wear them sometimes for mucky winter rides but they aren't so convenient for walking in now.

The other pair of Aldi shoes mentioned in my previous post were good for over 2 years but then the soles started becoming unglued. TBH, they were fine until I took the shoes as my only footwear on a holiday and did rather too much walking in them. Short walks at cafes is one thing. An hour or two wandering around tourist attractions is another!
Its my awesome powah obviously ;)

And why don't the men's items ever have pink? I like pink.
tis the colour of the giro of course if it makes some folk feel better - maybe it's implying that the women are faster.

Personally by the by I hate the giro pink.

On the sale, I'm personally wary of shoes from Aldi and Lidl after eventually falling for someone's recommendation of the Aldi ones and a bit on the sole peeled away. So they were damn expensive. It's not that hard to get excellent long lasting shoes for £25 to £30 if you get them in sales/as featured in "found a bargain" on here"

The Lidl gloves last but one time were excellent - better than some spesh ones of mine that fell apart. The Lidl ones actually had velcro that remained shut while riding and had a really nice feel. Must admit to being tempted, against my better judgement by the 3/4 tights. May pop down in my light lycra shorts for a quick try on amongst the veg.

Lidl cycling backpacks are often pretty good.

Last edited:
. I go to Lidl 4 or 5 times a week so I would have spotted the offer anyway, but thanks for the notice @GuyBoden - I'll go in early to see if I can find a pair my size. I might take a look at the 3/4 shorts too. Now that my waist is a more healthy size I can tolerate waistbands better so bibs are no longer needed for comfort.

My gad colin what are you up to with that many weekly visits?

Do report back on the 3/4 shorts if you get there before me - wore some Polaris ones the other day on a 100 miler but had the odd feeling that they had misplaced the pad. Sometimes cheap stuff can be good.

No lights I see - the 4 AA battery light they did for about £7 time before last was pretty damn good - saw me through the dynamo - the Hope Vision 1 never came out.

Top Bottom