Lidl - heads up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
dellzeqq said:
bought the pump for the Brompton. It doesn't work. I'm taking the bugger back.

- Which one - foot or track?

Plax

Guru
Just to add to my previous on the cycling jacket. Wore it today MTBing in the rain with no mudguards. Naturally it isn't waterproof, so the rain did penetrate, but it provided good protection from the wind and didn't feel too bad when wet. I got absolutely caked in mud and it wipes off pretty well. I chucked it in the washing machine anyway (30 degs, with tech wash) and it has survived and looking as new again.

dav1d

buddha said:
You put them in the panniers of course;). I did this a few months ago when they were selling apple trees. And, not surprisingly, got a few peds doing the point/laugh thing. Best of all though was the comment from a chap on an MTB I passed: "What the F***!":biggrin:

Was this in Greater Manchester? Was he on a red bike? Because I saw someone with a small tree or bonsai tree in the panniers. And my exact phrase was "What the F***!"

granny85

Does anyone know is this stuff still on sale or will i have missed it? I have just taken up cycling and some of this gear would be ideal just to set me up with a few starter items.

Thanks in advance

MajorMantra

granny85 said:
Does anyone know is this stuff still on sale or will i have missed it? I have just taken up cycling and some of this gear would be ideal just to set me up with a few starter items.

Thanks in advance

There might be some odds and ends left but most of the stuff will be gone. The word tends to get out well in advance on the forums so even arriving in the evening on the first day can be too late! Can't hurt to check though.

Matthew

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Would make sense if they restocked the most popular stuff. If you are any where near a Decathlon they have some very good value kit as well.

buddha

Veteran
dav1d said:
Was this in Greater Manchester? Was he on a red bike? Because I saw someone with a small tree or bonsai tree in the panniers. And my exact phrase was "What the F***!"
Nope, my 'shopping bike' is blue (a pompino) and I'm from down sarf. Good to know I'm not the only nutcase around;)

Re Lidl gear: there's still a bit in the Croydon & Thornton Heath stores (well at least a couple of days ago). I went to stock up on chorizo:thumbsup: and picked up a few jerseys.

Top Bottom