Lidl - heads up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

belairman

Agree, It seems crazy to have this one-off frenzy once a year where only a few people can get what they want. Except for the food and drink section, our local Lidl has the air of an upmarket car boot sale .... odd items .... odd sizes .... all jumbled up together.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
belairman said:
Except for the food and drink section, our local Lidl has the air of an upmarket car boot sale .... odd items .... odd sizes .... all jumbled up together.

Yes - it seems to have got worse in recent months.

Curly_cat

3 pairs of socks and a pair of trousers successfully bought from LIDL in Stowmarket. They had loads of stock and all sizes available.

Ben M

Got hold of one pair of socks, a top and a pair of trousers.

Had to get a size M in the trousers and top, would have rather had a small, but these aren't too bad. Will be good on tour if it's pissing it down.

Damned shame that they only have one pair of socks left in man sizes =(

stevie_b

Just been down to Lidl: first chance I've had. They had a few men's shoes left, but not in my size (10). I bought some gloves as a punt at £2.30. :tongue:
No lights left, no men's clothing left. Tempted by the toolkit, but I already have a puncture repair kit and allen keys, so I probably don't need much else for casual riding.

Stu99

Über Member
The shoes are an absolute bargain - just shows the level of mark-up on better known brands. I have a pair of similarly-styled Specialized shoes which I could swear come from the same factory but which cost 3 times the price. Anyway, well chuffed with the pair I bought - tried them out with cleats and they are perfect.

Jacket looked great and fitted well but surplus to my needs so bought a spare pair of socks instead. Tried helmet on but felt there was too much lateral movement when adjusted and done up - don't want be regretting my buying choice half-way through the four-hour wait at A & E!

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Tried out the shoes on ordainary pedals in the rain, no problems and feet pretty dry also the pannier faired ok in the rain as well. Still not brave enough to try the lycra :biggrin:
jogger

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
hongokongo said:
Fnaar
Do you normally buy medium clothing?, as I found the medium quite tight. Or is it meant to be?
Yup... medium is me! :smile: Average kinda guy :smile:
The 2 shirts fit fine, the rain top is bigger than I'd like it for cycling, but it will do, and will also be fine for walking etc

AWG

Panniers - very successful over 26 miles to date. Helmet - much better fit than my Dunlop with a lot more adjustment possible. Patch repair spray - well hope I never have to use it as would always prefer to carry out a proper puncture repair, but if caught in fading light, pouring rain etc. will let you know!

Billloudon

Picked up my Panniers at Lidl today. I am well peased. They can go on as single or double and have carry handles and shoulder straps. A very robust piece of equipment and all for £14.99.:biggrin:

dav1d

Lidl in Salford (near but not on the shopping centre) still has a load of womens jackets. They had two of the male ones, but a woman bought one (the black one) and I bought the other blue medium one (she tried that on but fortunately for me, it didn't fit her as it's the one I wanted!). Pperfect fit. Don't know if it's any good yet, but thought I'd better snap it up quick with it being the last one! I did try on the Aldi ones when they were in, but even though my arms are quite thin, they were too tight and uncomfortable no matter what size I tried.

They also had the saddlebags, bike stands and shoes left.

Cockney Scot

Got a pair of shoes, 2 tops , socks, jacket and trousers. Shoes and tops very comy, jacket waterproof. trousers are good value if you like tight trousers, but not my style. Will pop back in on Wednesday to return the trousers and get another pair of shoes.

I thought I'd give the cycle computer a go for the spare bike, has anyone else tried adapting it for the stem instead of the bars?
Just pop the back out the curved bit of the 'computer rest', swivel it around. (hack saw a couple of grooves in it so it slots back in the other way around)
I now have more space on my handle bars for other clutter! :-D

Top Bottom