Lidl - heads up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lidl have their cycling stuff in from 23/07 according to the poster outside this afternoon (not on website yet)

Jerseys, panniers, saddlebag & tools, usual stuff. Plus a saddlebag that converts into a rucksack?!

Anyone have any experience of their panniers? Not planning on regular use but DS will need some for when we go to the East Coast CC camp.

upandover

Guru
I bought two of the roll-up top panniers from Lidl, and they are great. SLightly heavier casue of the material, but very waterproof, and the roll-up means you can carry quite large stuff in them as well. If it's the same kind, highly recommended.

They are a bit like this, only slightly clunkier.

Ben M

IMG.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

I'm gonna take a look at the gloves, socks, and the lights.

At £3 the lights would be pretty useful for a backup, maybe not the front, but the rear definitely.

Some glasses are pictured in the gloves pic, but it doesn't mention them anywhere, which is a shame, as I currently ride (when I can be bothered in putting contacts in) in Oakleys, which are rather expensive.

Cheers Ben!

those panniers do look abit cheap.

Manonabike

Über Member
I think Aldi does better trousers and gloves.

Lidl do good pedals some times but I haven't seen any for a long time.

stevie_b

Thanks for the heads-up and the flyer scans chaps! I'm just getting back into cycling so this is just what I need. xx(

Has anyone got any views as to whether the lights set and pump are likely to be any good for light (no pun intended) usage? (e.g. anyone bought these before in previous offers?)

Downward

Guru
Longs - Good
Shorts -Ok
Short Tops - Zips broke 1st time - Try unzipped ones
Jackets - Zips broke in a week
Shoes - Good
Lights - Crap
Computer - Good

Top Bottom