Lidl - heads up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Downward

Guru
Cubist said:
Shoes pricey at £16.99? Please!!!!!!!. Cubester has outgrown a pair of size nines since Easter, so their timing is impeccable! Cubette is showing an interest in SPDs, so there's another pair to get.

Shoes are better than the Shimano shoes I have (£40) good for winter and more waterproof.

stevie_b

A quick newbie question: for those who have said the Lidl front light is cr@p, what makes a cr@p light cr@p? I ask this so I know what to avoid when buying lights. :laugh:

Is it the weight, battery life, quality of beam, or something else?

wafflycat

The front light eats batteries for breakfast and is not very bright and the build quality is poor. It is basic old technology and fit for use only for seeing one from the back door to the netty at the bottom of the back yard.

Downward

Guru
wafflycat said:
The front light eats batteries for breakfast and is not very bright and the build quality is poor. It is basic old technology and fit for use only for seeing one from the back door to the netty at the bottom of the back yard.

Indeed - Idea of riding at night is to see and be seen.
No point scrimping on cheap lights.

just jim

The panniers are good, the attachment clips aren't. MIne snapped going over pothole.

Somebody mentioned fitting ortlieb ones on instead.

edit - had a look at the flyer - don't think it's the ortlieb style panniers coming in anyway.

Excellent share and I'll be down ours as soon as they're in. I've bought a fair bit of stuff from Lidl over the years and all has been A1;)

forgot to add, the helmets are such good value for money, I bought one the 1st time they came out and they are brilliant.

cd365

Guru
I'm just getting into cycling after having not really been on bike for the last 20 years. I have a Carrera Valour road bike with standard pedals on it. I want to replace the pedals with some clipless pedals. Could the Lidl shoes be used with Shimano PD A530 SPD Clipless Pedals? Or would I need some other pedals?

MajorMantra

cd365 said:
I'm just getting into cycling after having not really been on bike for the last 20 years. I have a Carrera Valour road bike with standard pedals on it. I want to replace the pedals with some clipless pedals. Could the Lidl shoes be used with Shimano PD A530 SPD Clipless Pedals? Or would I need some other pedals?

Yes, the Lidl shoes will work with any 2 bolt pedal system. (SPD, Time Atac, Eggbeater etc.)

Matthew

AWG

All off to Lidl this week then. The panniers interest me most.

Just paid £18 for a miniature pump too at Royles of Wilmslow! Sports Direct were doing Dunlop helmets at £9.99 each a short while ago, although have used Lidl helmets in the past. Trouble is getting one to fit.

Nice and early on Thursday then at Lidl.

zoso7

I bought the Double Cyclinder Footpump from Aldi's y'rday and the presta adaptor doesn't fit on my valves properly so I cant pump up my tubes. Anyone else experienced this or is it just me?!

Would I be better off buying the Tower pump from Lidl's on Thursday or just spending the extra on a Joe Blow or similar?!

soulful dog

Veteran
I bought a cheap track pump (though from Tesco not Lidl) and the gauge stopped working after about a month, so it ended up being a waste of money. I've since bought a Revolution pump from Edinburgh Bike Co-op for less than £15 and it's been absolutely fine. Three times the price of the one from Lidl, but cheaper than splashing out on a Joe Blow....

Top Bottom