Lidl - heads up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ben M

stevie_b said:
Thanks for the heads-up and the flyer scans chaps! I'm just getting back into cycling so this is just what I need. :ohmy:

Has anyone got any views as to whether the lights set and pump are likely to be any good for light (no pun intended) usage? (e.g. anyone bought these before in previous offers?)

The lights are worth buying as a secondary set IMO. You can never have too many rear lights, or front ones for that matter. I'd always have a decent set as my main though.

As for the pump, I'm sure that I read a post on this forum about an aldi/lidl floor pump which was a little...dodgy, and needed something doing with it to stop it causing injury.

Downward

Guru
Lights are rubbish.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Ben M said:
As for the pump, I'm sure that I read a post on this forum about an aldi/lidl floor pump which was a little...dodgy, and needed something doing with it to stop it causing injury.
I had a track-style pump and a mini thing - and both were pretty ineffective TBH.

My experience is that the Aldi stuff is better quality (though we are talking relative here :blush:) but most of this stuff is good for a first time 'I'm just getting [back] into cycling and want some cheap stuff to establish if I am going to take it seriously and will then invest in some better - and more expensive :evil: gear.'

The shoes are good (though getting pricey now) and the pedals were good too. I'm still using a lot of the clothing but upgrading as time marches on - 'cos I AM taking it seriously now :ohmy:

scoosh said:
I had a track-style pump and a mini thing - and both were pretty ineffective TBH.

The last track pumps looked as though they could be used on Presta valves but the one I bought couldn't.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Shoes pricey at £16.99? Please!!!!!!!. Cubester has outgrown a pair of size nines since Easter, so their timing is impeccable! Cubette is showing an interest in SPDs, so there's another pair to get.

Matt

Ben M said:
Some glasses are pictured in the gloves pic, but it doesn't mention them anywhere, which is a shame, as I currently ride (when I can be bothered in putting contacts in) in Oakleys, which are rather expensive.

Aldi are selling cheap glasses from thursday. I bought a pair last time and they are very good. They come with three different colour lenses too

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2827_10465.htm

Ben M

Matt said:
Aldi are selling cheap glasses from thursday. I bought a pair last time and they are very good. They come with three different colour lenses too

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2827_10465.htm

Cheers =]

l4dva

Guru
Do you reckon aldi will be doing the jerseys again, I really liked the white one that I had from there a few months back, only problem is I washed mine with mixed colours and now its pink lol would be great if I could get another.

I thort the jerseys from lidl are ok, but the aldi ones feel like much much better quality.
The lidl gloves are rubish too.
The lidl waterproof jacket is good. I wish they had the blue ones when I got mine, I can't justify spending another £10 just for a different colour

wafflycat

Got a couple of track pumps from Lidl's Emporium a several of years ago. Still going strong and still able to get a tub on a Zipp up to high pressure with no hassle. The clothing washes as well as any of the more 'desirable' makes and I've got stuff from years agao which still looks as good as the day it was bought despite much wash & wear. The Lycra on Lidl shorts can be a bit thin, butthey're ideal for under a pair of Bikesters. The rear light is ideal as a backup - but the front light is this: cr@Þ

Lidl stuff is good value basic stuff, ideal for leisure/everyday riding. If you are a fan of team kit, costs you a fortune kit, then the Lidl/Aldi stuff is not for you. If, however, you are on a tight budget, it is ideal.

peanut

cheers Ben
the rear light looks good and for that price the front light is useful to keep in the car or when going out with the dog at night etc.'
Why don't they make jerseys plain for crissakes ?? what igit decides to put silly random stripes strips blocks of odd colours on an otherwise perfectly acceptable jersey ? grrrrr :biggrin:
Foot pump is useless. You are likely to get a very nasty graze up the shin if your foot slipped off at 100psi :biggrin:

dtp

ALDI said:
Please mind that unsolicited mailing of a recommendation may be considered incommoding by the recipient. You are only allowed to pronounce a recommendation if you can be sure that the recipient will assent to the mailing.

What a word! I'm gonna try and slip that into a conversation before I leave the office today. :biggrin:

(In case anyone is as bored as I am, that's on the aldi website, not a spendthrift CC member)

Top Bottom