Lidl - heads up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buddha

Veteran
solmisation said:
Just had a look at Lidl's web site regarding the cycling equipment,
http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20090723.index.ar11
how do you attach the bonsai to the bike?
You put them in the panniers of course;). I did this a few months ago when they were selling apple trees. And, not surprisingly, got a few peds doing the point/laugh thing. Best of all though was the comment from a chap on an MTB I passed: "What the F***!":biggrin:

zoso7 said:
I bought the Double Cyclinder Footpump from Aldi's y'rday and the presta adaptor doesn't fit on my valves properly so I cant pump up my tubes. Anyone else experienced this or is it just me?!

Would I be better off buying the Tower pump from Lidl's on Thursday or just spending the extra on a Joe Blow or similar?!

I think you must have had the same problem I had.
I couldn't get the Presta nozzle thing sufficiently over the valve for the pump to work. To make sure it wasn't me just being stupid, I tried it on a spare tube not on the bike. Still had the same problem.

I've just bought a Joe Blow which is great on both Presta and Shraeder valves. I would recommend saving up for a decent pump.

zoso7

furball said:
I think you must have had the same problem I had.
I couldn't get the Presta nozzle thing sufficiently over the valve for the pump to work. To make sure it wasn't me just being stupid, I tried it on a spare tube not on the bike. Still had the same problem.

I've just bought a Joe Blow which is great on both Presta and Shraeder valves. I would recommend saving up for a decent pump.

Yeah sounds like the same issue, think i'll just spend a little extra and get summit decent instead of taking my chances with these cheap efforts that dont even work properly.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
When I get my running shoes they are always one size bigger than my ordainary shoes. Is it the same with cycling shoes?
jogger

All off to Lidl tommorow.

banksylidl.jpg

;)

upandover

Guru
Popped into Lidl this evening, and picked up a cycling top. Nice jersey, light and airy, and this ones long enough for me to get to the pockets. Other stuff looked pretty good. Panniers were small, but functional, and the shoes looked good also.

Picked up a mini foot-pump for keeping in the car too - just about to test it., which is pants. The meter popped of at aroun d80psi, letting out all the air in the tyre. It also took me three goes to get it set-up properly on my 700c tyres.

Cheers
Steve

PpPete

Legendary Member
Also went in this evening, shoes seemed lighter than mine which I bought last time around (and I recall others mentioning previously as criticism)

Definitely a good buy if you want to try clipless at minimum cost.

Long sleeve tops & trousers are good value too.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I went this evening, got a jacket, long sleeve top and the leggings for winter to go under another pair of trousers on cold days. The jacket is an XL and it was massive on me, it's more like an XXL so go for the large if you're on the cuddly side unless you've got a dart's player capital D belly! Needless to say it's going back.

cd365

Guru
I went this morning, bought 2 pairs of shoes, the jacket (I opened and tried a large on in the shop, they do come BIG!), a pump, tyre repair thingy and the leggings, I need to try them on tonight for size. £57 the lot, bargain.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Got two L/S jerseys, which'll do for autmn rides, piar of fingerless gloves and a rain jacket to replace the one I left in a pub at the weekend 300 miles away :smile:
Got the last Medium one... yes, they are big, but I tend wear them for hiking etc too, so twill do :biggrin:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Dissappointed by the limited colour range - wanted another L/S jersey - only black and (IMO) unpleasant mid/light blue. Why not yellow, or red? If wearing L/S jersey, likely to be riding on dull days, autumn/winter, and more highly visible colours would be a good idea. Was also interested in the shoes - good value, looked good quality, But WHY pointless logos - Air Star (was it?) embroidered on the shoes - just makes them look cheap and tacky (again, IMO), and nasty blue trim on the mens - so no purchase. So I bought some peaches, nectarines, and ice cream instead ......

Top Bottom