LIDL - Mon 5th Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seigi

German sizing is bizarre. My work trousers are size 52- no indication whatsoever of what that 52 means but I believe it's chest size. For trousers.

Yeah, that's right. I was a little confused as to why the cycling trousers were in chest sizing.... ;p

albion

Guru
I ended up buying the light set.I put some charged Eneloops in and on low they are good for 8 hours continuous.They also have a red 'battery low' built into the rubber on button.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Our track pump fell to bits upon first use. Very gentle with the lever thing and it just snapped off. We are in the wilds of the West Coast of Argyle & Bute and nowhere near a Lidl until Sunday, they are unlikely to still have any left. Will go back with our receipt anyway.

Alexvs

I popped into my local Lidl today and they didn't have the suits or bib shorts but did have the jerseys and trousers. I decided against the clothing but picked up a pump as they had plenty and for £5.99 can't complain, looks like it'll do the job for now. No idea what pressure my tyres require though lol only had the bike 6 weeks and it just had its first service however I forgot to ask while there last week.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I popped into my local Lidl today and they didn't have the suits or bib shorts but did have the jerseys and trousers. I decided against the clothing but picked up a pump as they had plenty and for £5.99 can't complain, looks like it'll do the job for now. No idea what pressure my tyres require though lol only had the bike 6 weeks and it just had its first service however I forgot to ask while there last week.

You should be able to see the indicative tyre pressures moulded into the side of the tyres. :thumbsup:

Ian 74

Went in yesterday to see if they had restocked the bib trousers (only had xxxxxxl left on monday). Yes they had my size. Great checked out the size of the padding and decided that sitting on the equivalent of a body form thingy ma bobby wouldn't really be very comfortable for the longer rides. I don't own any bib leggings and I just assumed that they would be a step up in comfort. Not at lidl anyway. None of the trousers or shorts seem worth buying as the padding seems so skinny as to be pointless. Never mind I'll just have to save up and get a proper pair from a proper shop.
wacko.gif

Alexvs

You should be able to see the indicative tyre pressures moulded into the side of the tyres. :thumbsup:

Oh dear that was a facepalm moment
blush.gif
thanks I found it now lol

albion

Guru
checked out the size of the padding and decided that sitting on the equivalent of a body form thingy ma bobby wouldn't really be very comfortable for the longer rides.
Funny that. I came to the conclusion that it was only suitable for winter riding with it all being too thick and sweaty for summer.

Ian 74

Funny that. I came to the conclusion that it was only suitable for winter riding with it all being too thick and sweaty for summer.

I was referring to the thickness of the bum padding. Agree with you that the material would suit winter riding rather than summer.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
A cheap alternative to cycling specific bib longs might be to borrow a pair of your wife's leggings, wear a pair of braces, and shove a sponge down below for padding. I have no idea though, not having tried this.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
A cheap alternative to cycling specific bib longs might be to borrow a pair of your wife's leggings, wear a pair of braces, and shove a sponge down below for padding. I have no idea though, not having tried this.

For summer use how about borrowing some stockings and suspenders?fishnet ones would be nice and breathable.

May possibly get some odd looks arriving at work though.

Top Bottom