LIDL - Mon 5th Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I got the bib longs, gloves and socks. Better quality than last year. Only thing that annoys me is why they don't have foot straps on the bib longs, they would be so much better.

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
I couldn't resist the bargains even though the wife shouted at me and said "put the stuff back on the shelf and back off slowly":tongue:

I managed to buy

* light set
* pannier set
* 2 pr socks
* 2 pr gloves

I am impressed with the light set, the front light works well in the dark, even the rear light is great for a backup. A big improvement on the previous halogen offerings. The gloves I have found last quite well and use them also when out walking on colder days.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
I bought two pairs of glasses and found they were two different types - one had lenses with a full frame surround and the other had a (top) half frame surround. The illustrations on both packs were the same!

The long sleeve shirts are rather smaller than their claimed size - the sole 'Large 42-44' left in my branch was a snug fit for a 42 chest. Ok quality shirt, though - shame the only others left were XXL.

John

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Just put the batteries in the lights

WOW the front one illuminates the whole garden :laugh:

Wades

Anyone else find that the front light bracket is too small for their handlebars?

Quick fix with a cable tie and a black rubber band but never had that before.

C

chillyuk

Anyone else find that the front light bracket is too small for their handlebars?

Quick fix with a cable tie and a black rubber band but never had that before.

The bracket fits my bars OK, and I have found that the brackets off the Pound Shop front lights also accept the Lidl light.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The long sleeve shirts are rather smaller than their claimed size - the sole 'Large 42-44' left in my branch was a snug fit for a 42 chest. Ok quality shirt, though - shame the only others left were XXL.

Yes the shirts were a bit snug, I tried on the L and XL over my T shirt and I couldn't breathe in the L! so I bought the last 2 XL's in the shop. I wore it this morning on a windy wet commute and can confirm it is plenty warm enough.

Also bought a pair of of long cycle tights, they seem a bit thick so will only use them in very cold weather.

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Just, er, "tested" the gloves on my 14 mile wild, wet and windy commute this morning, and whilst they were better than nothing, they're far from waterproof... toasty and windproof for the first half hour though :wacko:

I owe Lidl an apology - yesterday casted doubt over the four season quality of their tops as they're a bit "flimsy". Wore one this morning in the wind and rain - it was like boil in the bag!!

Was unsure on first stepping outside - after about 2-3 minutes of pedalling it was lovely and toasty!

So - SORRY Lidl!!!

mrmacmusic

Veteran
I owe Lidl an apology - yesterday casted doubt over the four season quality of their tops as they're a bit "flimsy". Wore one this morning in the wind and rain - it was like boil in the bag!!

Was unsure on first stepping outside - after about 2-3 minutes of pedalling it was lovely and toasty!

So - SORRY Lidl!!!

Yeah – I found the top pretty good this morning too... not so impressed with the gloves though :sad:

siadwell

Guru
oh okok when u gonna try em? i was thinking of going back tomorrow

Didn't see the spoke reflectors when I went in yesterday but bought them from Lidl about a year ago. If they're the same ones (3M Scotchlite on plastic click-on tubes) they are excellent.

They are similar to, if not the same as, these Sekuclip ones on Amazon. Norm of this parish has added a review for them and if you look at the customer image, you'll see how they compare to the standard reflectors that wheels usually come with.

musa

Über Member
Yh got to agree with the other the jersey shocked me. Gonna go back after work and get another one and lights and spoke reflectors perhaps.

Top Bottom