LIDL - Mon 5th Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob500

What do you make of the Decathlon gear?

BTW - i'm a newbie to this, so i don't want to shell out too much at the start...

Hi mate. I'm exactly the same. Only had my bike a few weeks. Like you I don't want to be forking out a pile of cash just as I'm starting. I bought the cheapo padded shorts and short sleeved 'training' shirts. Both are about £7 each and B Twin is the brand name. Ive found them to be dead on so far but I've only did 30 odd miles as my longest ride. Not sure if the shorts would be up to the miles that the more experienced cyclists do.
If you are at Belfast City Airport then you might as well call round and have a browse. 2 mins'll take you round.

Mr Molby

Hi mate. I'm exactly the same. Only had my bike a few weeks. Like you I don't want to be forking out a pile of cash just as I'm starting. I bought the cheapo padded shorts and short sleeved 'training' shirts. Both are about £7 each and B Twin is the brand name. Ive found them to be dead on so far but I've only did 30 odd miles as my longest ride. Not sure if the shorts would be up to the miles that the more experienced cyclists do.
If you are at Belfast City Airport then you might as well call round and have a browse. 2 mins'll take you round.

Cheer Rob - i've had a look at those shorts on the website - £7 seems too good to be true, especially when there are two more expensive options on the same page, i wonder what the difference is??

But as you say, it makes more sense in buying the cheaper option st the start, just to see how it goes....

Thanks again, and the best of luck !!

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
Managed to find a store close to where i'm staying this week to go and see what they had available.

Bought a pair of socks (only 1 left in my size) - a grey jersey and a pair of long tight trousers. No idea what the sizing is like yet until i try things on, but needless to say if it all fits it was a bargain!

Scotmitchy

WOW, sizing is small - I bought the gents medium top - just as well!

And I bought the ladies size 14-16 trousers. THey will do, just.

In ordinary shops I am a size 12!!!!!!!!!!

StuartG

slower but further
Main reason to get up early was my first pair of bibs. Got an 'M' which is fine for me (32/31) except I'm not sure about the pad (a big red poo). Not like my other Crivit shorts and trousers. Well I'll reserve final opinion until my first long run.

Anyway I see from the front cover I'm supposed to wear them 'Borat' style. Should excite the club ladies
wave.gif

Also bagged silver shirt, lights, glasses, gloves & straps. I don't think I can afford any more bargains ...

Bobtoo

Über Member
German sizing is bizarre. My work trousers are size 52- no indication whatsoever of what that 52 means but I believe it's chest size. For trousers.

Radman

Bought the led 3w font light its quite big but powerfull, better than the bike hut one ive got,it hasnt got the flashing option ,its either low beam or high beam, it also comes with a rear 5 led light as well, i think it was £8.99,also picked up a cycling top for £8 its ok,lots of other cycling gear in there at resonable prices.

Mrs S got me my panniers this morning and I'm really pleased. They seem very well made and there's more room than I know what to do with!

I won't be using the top bag day to day, but it will come in handy on occasions I'm sure.

They fit really well and should serve me very well for my short commute :thumbsup:

Lee

Bought a Crivit Air Cushion Saddle for longer rides today, no idea if it's any good though!

Anyone know?

Diggs

Veteran
There's one next to a station on my commute, so I was able to pop in this morning when it opened. Lights seem ok, front is a bit bulky but bright, I'm a 46 so the XL(4-48) is no skinsuit (but that's no bad thing) however when I tried them on, to much hilarity from Mrs D, they did seem very warm. Should be good for those really cold winter days.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
just been out and bought some gloves,light set and the little trip computer :biggrin:

Top Bottom