LIDL - Mon 5th Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ohnovino

Large Member
Full details in the online brochure

Highlights include:
  • Full-finger gloves £3.99
  • Socks £1.99
  • Track pump £5.99
  • L/S jersey £7.99
  • Saddle bag that turns into a backpack(?!) £4.99
If anyone's taking bets on what will be the last item to sell out, my money's on the inflatable saddle with built-in pump!

albion

Guru
Front light of the £9 set has a 3W LED.Anyone got one?

wakou

Über Member
Thanks for the tip. I swore I would NEVER wear bibshorts. But at £9.99 Oh well, here we go.

Friz

The more you ride, the less your ass will hurt.
this is cool. Seems we get the specials from LIDL here first. Those same items were here from last Monday.

I went in to get gloves, socks, front light, and performance top.

The gloves were pure muck, the sock were no better. The front lights were sold out. But the performance top is the business.
Also, the track pumps are the steel ones and seem like a pretty good piece of kit.

If anyone's taking bets on what will be the last item to sell out, my money's on the inflatable saddle with built-in pump!

I only saw one of the saddles, but probably about 30 pair of gloves.

Moby Jones

The top looks ok. I need a pair of gloves and £4 wont break the bank. Can't imagine the bib shorts will be up to much. Might get a pair of trousers and the bib shorts though

Zoiders

The front light looks interesting, sure it won't pass the frisbee test but it was only a matter of time before 3W chips started popping up in cheap generic lights that you don't have to order from the far east.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
They're doing some running gear too which might be good for cycling in. Saw a compression top/base layer. Not sure if its the same week but it was in the brochure.

Canrider

Guru
I've had good success in the past with the socks, although I can't speak to the current offerings themselves.

The gloves are good: I bought a pair last year and used them through last winter with no problems, and my hands were never cold when I wore them.

I shall have to buy a new pair when they hit the shelves again as I have managed to loose one of the gloves over the last few months.

Bobtoo

Über Member
Thanks for the heads-up on this, I was just wondering when the bike stuff would come around again. I'm tempted to take the 5th as a holiday and stand in the queue at opening time with all the pensioners.

Top Bottom