LIDL - Mon 5th Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
Another lidl special this thursday

Rugby compression long sleeve top should make a reasonable base layer for £10, i use a similar aldi version.
  • Helps to improve blood flow and reduce muscle fatigue
  • Breathable, moisture-wicking, quick-drying, lightweight and comfortable
  • With LYCRA[sup]®[/sup] Sport for a perfect fit and extra freedom of movement
  • With stand-up collar and stylish embroidered logo
  • Sizes: M - XXL
UK_68064_01_b.jpg

How do the sizes of the Aldi/Lidl stuff compare to others? - I.e if i need an XL normally, will this be the same or one size higher? With Base Layers, how tight do people usually go for them?

Oh and do you guys find all the Aldi/Lidl stores sell the cycling gear or is it only certain stores?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
It is all the stores but they only come in on certain dates and when its gone its gone !

Go a size up on the compression stuff works for meas the aldi ones i have are tight , do what others do and take it out rhe box and have a look :smile:

They're doing some running gear too which might be good for cycling in. Saw a compression top/base layer. Not sure if its the same week but it was in the brochure.

I commute in a crane running top (is Crane lidl or Aldi, I never can remember)
- I also use it now and again for long walks , it has great wicking properties and wish I'd bought a couple more

It's on a par with my Berghaus base layer that cost £20-odd

How do the sizes of the Aldi/Lidl stuff compare to others? - I.e if i need an XL normally, will this be the same or one size higher? With Base Layers, how tight do people usually go for them?

Oh and do you guys find all the Aldi/Lidl stores sell the cycling gear or is it only certain stores?

As a fat bastard big bloke I find the Aldi/Lidl stuff fairly generous. Unlike decathlon, even at my largest and most sedentary I was only ever an XXL (bad enough!!), I lost a couple of stones but with decathlon found for comfort/not looking like Matt Lucas' only gay in the village, even then I needed an XXXL if I didn't want a cling-film-body-wrap fit

Even down to buying "L" clothes in any other store, decathlon had me as a 2XL

I hate decathlon...lol

Outside of decathlon I have never ever been a 3XL even in previous incarnations of a pasty-munching chainsmoker :angry: :angry:

leroy

Showing mt inexperience here!

Never wanted a pannier set as I dont think they look 'cool'.......but I cant doubt that they are practical and rucksack is giving me shoulder pain.

ANYWAY - does this set come with brackets etc to attach to bike...or do they not need them etc?

Showing mt inexperience here!

Never wanted a pannier set as I dont think they look 'cool'.......but I cant doubt that they are practical and rucksack is giving me shoulder pain.

ANYWAY - does this set come with brackets etc to attach to bike...or do they not need them etc?

It doesnt come with brackets no, I've just ordered a Carradice bag elsewhere but am tempted to buy this as an alternative.

Anyone bought these before? How do they rate?

I bought the pannier set last time it was on sale - it looks pretty much the same as this one, though there are some minor differences. I can't tell whether the attachment system is the same, however.

On the set I have, there are no catches or bungees - instead, there are a series of velcro fastenings. Difficult to describe, so I've attached a couple of pics (with apologies for the bad phone pic - need to charge my camera battery!).

DSC01278.JPG
DSC01279.JPG

As you can (hopefully) see, there are 3 velcro fastenings down each side, which strap round the legs of the pannier rack, and there are two more velcro loops at the top of each side which fasten to the top of the rack.

I'm afraid I haven't got on with this attachment system - the whole thing moves around a lot, as the velcro doesn't fasten very tightly. Because of this, the panniers have to be loaded fairly evenly - once I made the mistake of putting my lock in the top bag without anything in the side bags, which made the panniers swing from side to side too much for my liking!

It might be possible to construct a better attachment system, but for now I've gone back to my (even cheaper) SJS panniers (these). The hook and bungee attachment just seems far less hassle, easier to detach from the bike than fiddling around with 10 velcro straps, and when the bungees wear out, they're easily replaceable.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I bought the pannier set last time it was on sale - it looks pretty much the same as this one, though there are some minor differences. I can't tell whether the attachment system is the same, however.

On the set I have, there are no catches or bungees - instead, there are a series of velcro fastenings. Difficult to describe, so I've attached a couple of pics (with apologies for the bad phone pic - need to charge my camera battery!).

[attachment=4923:biggrin:SC01278.JPG]
[attachment=4924:biggrin:SC01279.JPG]

As you can (hopefully) see, there are 3 velcro fastenings down each side, which strap round the legs of the pannier rack, and there are two more velcro loops at the top of each side which fasten to the top of the rack.

I'm afraid I haven't got on with this attachment system - the whole thing moves around a lot, as the velcro doesn't fasten very tightly. Because of this, the panniers have to be loaded fairly evenly - once I made the mistake of putting my lock in the top bag without anything in the side bags, which made the panniers swing from side to side too much for my liking!

I bought from Lidl last time the panniers that you have and haven't experienced any of the problems you did, in fact I have found them more secure than my clip on / toggle things. I've used on country roads/lanes and bumpy London streets commuting. :rolleyes:

Hmm, maybe I'm attaching them wrongly - quite possible! Do you put the 3 lower velcro clips round just one pannier leg, and do you do anything different with the bottom one? Perhaps I need to tighten them more - I'd like to get more use out of them!

OP
OP
ohnovino

ohnovino

Large Member
Picked up a track pump to leave in the office. Tried on the gloves: they're a lot better than my ALDI ones, but I think I'm going to get something thicker for the winter.

They also had the computers in again (£3.99). Don't know why that wasn't advertised, IMHO it's the best offer of the lot.

Bobtoo

Über Member
I didn't see the computers in my branch, but they did have a handy wee £4.99 toolkit that I don't remember seeing in the brochure.

Moby Jones

I was there at 8 waiting on the doors opening. I shouldn't have bothered rushing to get there as i was the first person there.

I get some gloves,
2 tops
1 pair of leggings
1 pair of the bib shorts.
they had a good selection of items.

I noticed they had bike hoists amongst other things.

I bought the medium jerseys but i have just had to exchange them for size large.....

I was tempted with the lights but i have just bought some smart ones.

Top Bottom