LIDL - Mon 5th Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I commute in a crane running top (is Crane lidl or Aldi, I never can remember)

I remember it as "Crane has an A so Aldi, Crivit an I so is Lidl"
whistling.gif

And +1 for bibs. It hides my gut wonderfully. Ordinary shorts and tights get pushed down at the front
cool.gif

Sonofpear

They're doing some running gear too which might be good for cycling in. Saw a compression top/base layer. Not sure if its the same week but it was in the brochure.
The compression top is spot on. They went on sale last Thursday.

Managed to pick up a set of lights for the wife (seem ok if a little bulky), couple of pair of socks and some insoles for trainers, bungee cords (can't go wrong for a £5) also a lock just for carting round which seems quite substantial for the money.

C

chillyuk

[QUOTE 1522181"]
Compression top from last week, bungees, gloves and some lights for me.

Just going to try the lights out in the garage now. If they are any good, I may get some more tomorrow for the kids bikes.
[/quote]

So what's the verdict.......

Rob500

I called in today and this offer is not in the NI stores. Hopefully it'll be on their agenda sometime soon.

Re: The sizing. Is it the general consensus that the jerseys are ok but I'd need to go up a size in the compression top?

I bought a few pair of shorts and 'training' tops from Decathlon and had to move up a size just to get them on.

albion

Guru
Gloves, bib and a shirt for me.I really bought the bib for the really cold days where you need certainty of waist area warmth.I prefer many layers so the long sleeved non winter shirt was fine.

Sonofpear

Just picked up the bib tights and jersey. Was surprised by the amount of stock left as there's usually nothing left in my local store cone 4:30. Both fit well and seem an absolute bargain.
Also got the compression top last week and that's great too.

Alan B

Got tops, pump, lights, glasses, but be aware that XL trousers are very short (they're going to have to be returned).

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I bought the track pump months ago last time it appeared. gets tyres up to 120 psi quite quickly havent managed to break it yet so must be well made :biggrin:

Sonofpear

Was just gonna ask if anybody got the pump. Didn't have enough money to get that aswell so I think I'll head back. They had plenty of them and I doubt they'll sell out as quick as the other gear.

Sonofpear

Another thing about the pump. Is it ok on presta valves. I bought a cheap track pump from asda a while back and it was a waste of time.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Need to be wary as Lidls stuff isnt allways the same. eg last year I got a really good pair of SPD shoes which have done thousands of miles and are really comfy.There still ok but i thought I would get a spare set when I got the pump. This years shoes werent as good in quality.

Its not great on the Presta side TBH so I use it with a screw on schrader adapter 99 p in LBS. Allready had a few adapters as the pump I carry on the bike isnt good on presta either.

This is the one I got. It has the brand name "Crivit" on it.

002-11.jpg

I got the multi toolbut found it a bit heavy

imagesCAIW17BV.jpg

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mr Molby

I called in today and this offer is not in the NI stores. Hopefully it'll be on their agenda sometime soon.

Re: The sizing. Is it the general consensus that the jerseys are ok but I'd need to go up a size in the compression top?

I bought a few pair of shorts and 'training' tops from Decathlon and had to move up a size just to get them on.

Rob,

What do you make of the Decathlon gear?

I'm heading to UK on business tomorrow, and will be flying back into Belfast City Airport on Thursday mid morning, i was going to head around to the Decathlon store - the prices seem reasonable, does the gear seem good value?

BTW - i'm a newbie to this, so i don't want to shell out too much at the start...

Thanks !

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Just a pair of gloves - can never have too many - but bought the last pair in my size - just after 9am. Jerseys a bit naff - I would never buy anything with 'Racing' plastered on it. Socks too short. No bibs in less than XL left - though probably a good thing as I would only end up taking back the M - WHY no small sizes at Lidl? Next stop Aldi where they had some compression tops - LS round neck - AND in small! Better than the Lidl ones IMO.
Be so easy for Lidl to raise their game - scrap the naff logos, and tacky designs, have enough stock and sell small sizes.

Top Bottom