lidl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Was hoping to see their maintenance stand again but not this time....
According to my Lidl flyer for 16th to 22nd March, they have more cycling related offers from Sunday 26th March, including the maintenance stand at £24.99, which I think is a fiver less than I paid for mine a few years back!

rozzer1971

Regular
oooo cheers for that. It might be area specific as their site doesn't mention it on upcoming offers for my store but I shall keep an eye open.

Nebulous

Guru
Every time I have bought a bike light , it's had a slightly (or vastly) different mount. I thought they were all proprietary, Is there a universal standard for bike light mounts now?

last time I bought a front light was 2011, so I may be out of touch.

I seem to buy a lot of lights. Lidl lights were ok, but the mounts were crap. I gave up after one bounced along the road and got run over by a following car.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
OK, thanks, I've never seen them that cheap. But "Huh?" do you have some evidence that German-made Lidl batteries leak? Or do you just prefer a known brand name, which isn't always the safe option <cough>GalaxyNote7<cough>.
Yes it was a handy link but a tad alarmist to talk of leaks. I've never had ANY batteries leak unless they have been terribly mistreated/stupidly left in stuff unused for ages and ages.

Not much there but hopefully i"ll be able to pick up a few tubes of the Zero tabs.I"ll probably end up buying the lager and cider though.
I can recommend the bottlee vintage cider, the one that's over 7 per cent, not the weaker bottled one or the one in tins.

gaz71

Über Member
I can recommend the bottlee vintage cider, the one that's over 7 per cent, not the weaker bottled one or the one in tins.
I was visiting my mate in Welling so i was going to pop in there and get my stuff (along with the ciders) and the frigging shop was closed!Looks like its being done up.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I was visiting my mate in Welling so i was going to pop in there and get my stuff (along with the ciders) and the frigging shop was closed!Looks like its being done up.

Now you mention it, the two nearest us have had work done recently, one has been extended significantly but stayed open throughout, the other was knocked down and rebuilt!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Our Aldi was just rebuilt last year, even part of the exterior wall was redone as well. But I think that fell over on its own accord(or maybe a Chevrolet) Hired union brick masons this time.

no fear - other Lidl's do exist. I think they are also doing a cut price Italian wine as a weekend offer - though Lidl's wine track record with me is dodgy.

Edit:

worth a punt?

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/18723.htm?action=showDetail&id=42680

just time to nip down maybe after returning from a nice ride a bit earlier than expected.

(hope it's better than their god awful Chianti)

Last edited:
Top Bottom