Lidl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Woz!

Went yesterday to the Crowthorne branch - there was quite a bit of stock, although it doesn't look like we're getting the lights or shoes down south, which is a shame.
Got the pair of panniers for 11.99, which is a bargain. They seem solid and claim to be water resistant. My one question is how well they'll remain on the bike on a bridleway as they don't seem to have any method of securing them to the rack. I'll find out I guess!
Bought the track pump too - seems good. Got 100PSI in my rear wheel with a presta valve no problem.

bobones

Veteran
Very happy with the tops, gilet, socks, base layers, saddle, toolkit/saddle bag, road/mtb saddle, insulated bidon and mitts, but I'm taking back the blue rain jacket in large as it's a bit too baggy and heavy for a summer rain jacket, still great value for £9.99. I am also going to return the rucksack which is a bit too bulky for me. 3/4 length trousers are probably going back too as I think they look a bit silly. What is the point of 3/4 length trousers anyway?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
What is the point of 3/4 length trousers anyway?

I have some for spring/autumn wear, when it's not cold enough for thermal longs, and not warm enough for shorts.
smile.gif
And also I can parade around the house in them and frighten the neighbours.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I am the same height but about a 38 inch chest and usually go for a medium in t-shirts so long as they have enough length. I tried a half zip and full zip jersey both in medium and they fit me well, quite snug but definitely long enough. The medium does say 38-40 on the packaging so go for whatever is a 44 in Lidl.

I bought the XL today and I have a 42" chest - the jersey was too big. I'd suggest XL for you; I need to go back and get an L instead.

Thanks!:smile:

mightyquin

I bought the XL today and I have a 42" chest - the jersey was too big. I'd suggest XL for you; I need to go back and get an L instead.

I'm about 42'' chest, I bought the white jersey in L. It was a very snug fit - someone hasn't been going to the gym much lately and has been eating too much cake - so I took it back and changed for an XL. The XL is a tad big, especially around the shoulder/arms. Grrrr.

I was passing another Lidl this morning so popped in and bought another L. I'll keep the XL to wear until I've worked off the gut again!

Gixxerman

Guru
Went yesterday to the Crowthorne branch - there was quite a bit of stock, although it doesn't look like we're getting the lights or shoes down south, which is a shame.
Got the pair of panniers for 11.99, which is a bargain. They seem solid and claim to be water resistant. My one question is how well they'll remain on the bike on a bridleway as they don't seem to have any method of securing them to the rack. I'll find out I guess!
Bought the track pump too - seems good. Got 100PSI in my rear wheel with a presta valve no problem.

Lots of both left near me.
Would you like me to pick some up for you?
You would only need to pay extra for the postage, which shouldn't be a lot I don't think.

albal

Guru
ok the inner tubes. 26" ok but i am looking for Presta valve. All in my local lidl is the other (cant spell shreader lol). Is this same everywhere? he ask expecting the answer yes!

Clandy

ok the inner tubes. 26" ok but i am looking for Presta valve. All in my local lidl is the other (cant spell shreader lol). Is this same everywhere? he ask expecting the answer yes!

The tubes in my local Lidl appeared to have Dunlop valves, which I haven't seen in a long time.

crazy580

Got some gloves/mitts they are very comfy. My local store had sold out of everything else (apart from the hoist and socks) and I got the last large pair of gloves.

Hydra

Occasional Pepper Carver
I've just been back, not expecting to find anything. I was surprised to find they had plenty left.

I picked up the tool kit saddle bag, which for a fiver, is bloody good value. It even has a couple of bulbs and a cleaning cloth. Not to mention an ample amount of patches.

I let temptation get the better of me and also bought the bike computer, which has more functions (and a backlight!) than my Cateye Somethingorother computer. £4! Just hope it fits on my bars without having to remove a light.

Also decided to pick up a top and gilet this time round. Sizing is perfek.

I must have spent not much less than £100 in total. Well worth it though
cool.gif

just got back from Lidl (someone stop me)

bought the mini pump, not sure how good yet but worth keeping as a spare for £2.

bought the 3/4 lengths and the shorts yesterday, padding is a bit thin (compared to the Aldi ones) but wore the 3/4 lengths under cargo shorts for the ride to my spinning class perfect for both, especially as it was nippy around here last night but not cold enough for the winter trousers. did the job pretty well.

will use the shorts as spares or for the spinning class or as additonal padding on longer rides.

couldnt find the spoke reflectors though, would have liked some of those for the kids bikes.

Top Bottom