Lidl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mightyquin

I've just been back, not expecting to find anything. I was surprised to find they had plenty left.

I picked up the tool kit saddle bag, which for a fiver, is bloody good value. It even has a couple of bulbs and a cleaning cloth. Not to mention an ample amount of patches.

I let temptation get the better of me and also bought the bike computer, which has more functions (and a backlight!) than my Cateye Somethingorother computer. £4! Just hope it fits on my bars without having to remove a light.

Also decided to pick up a top and gilet this time round. Sizing is perfek.

I must have spent not much less than £100 in total. Well worth it though
cool.gif

You woz robbed, that lot only comes to £23! Or was the rest spent on cheap booze n chocolate?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I couldn't find the spoke reflectors :sad:

But the technical undershorts are great value.

Hydra

Occasional Pepper Carver
You woz robbed, that lot only comes to £23! Or was the rest spent on cheap booze n chocolate?

Okay, I'll admit there was also a bit of booze and chocolate, but this was my second trip! The total includes my first visit on Monday as well as today
wink.gif

I bought just about one of everything :tongue:

Adasta

Just to say that I had a no quibble return & exchange at Lidl. I did have the original receipt though which does help.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Just to say that I had a no quibble return & exchange at Lidl. I did have the original receipt though which does help.

I had the receipt with me when I went to exchange M trousers for XL, at a different store to the one I bought them from, but they were'nt bothered about the receipt at all. The woman at the till just told me to go and swap them if I could find the right size. Or if not she'd give me my money back. No-one else sells Crivit gear. Got the lock as well as Coalville didn't have them but Swadlincote did.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Solved the problem of the crap threads in the cleat nuts in the shoes (as mentioned upthread)

Found a tap & die set for £7.73 At that price one doesn't expect a lot. And using M5 tap to clean up the threads on 8 holes, just about f*cks it up completely. So the whole kit went back .... explained to the very nice man at the counter that I was only cleaning up threads, and that as far as cutting new threads was concerned I felt it would struggle to cut a thread in a bar of chocolate....hence not fit for purpose. He rightly judged that I would prefer a refund to a replacement set !

Another :thumbsup: for retailer with good returns policy !

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Went in again today, found a white jersey.. yayyyy! :biggrin: Just need a white helmet and I can stick "Stig" on my back and try and set off a speed camera. :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Wanted some 3/4 shorts, but as with monday they didnt have any. Dont really need any - just thought for the price I'd give them a whirl.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I had the receipt with me when I went to exchange M trousers for XL, at a different store to the one I bought them from, but they were'nt bothered about the receipt at all. The woman at the till just told me to go and swap them if I could find the right size. Or if not she'd give me my money back. No-one else sells Crivit gear. Got the lock as well as Coalville didn't have them but Swadlincote did.

I must have missed you at Swadlincote , mind you i was there at 8 .15 am , luckily being on nights meant i could pop down early !

I found the cycling shorts to have some uncomfortable stitching join on the pad , i wonder if i can sew it down a bit flatter?

Top Bottom