Lidl's bike stand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Had a little helper today when sorting the stand out. Really nice looking bit of kit!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341523413309.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341523413309.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 276

zigzag

Veteran
i've got the workstand (good piece of kit), but now need to decide what to do with it. my bike(s) maintenance is mainly pumping up the tyres and lubing the chain. gears usually stay adjusted for couple of years (between the cable change intervals), what else?.. i guess i'll use it for cleaning my bikes!

Gixxerman

Guru
i've got the workstand (good piece of kit), but now need to decide what to do with it. my bike(s) maintenance is mainly pumping up the tyres and lubing the chain. gears usually stay adjusted for couple of years (between the cable change intervals), what else?.. i guess i'll use it for cleaning my bikes!
Good opportunity to learn some maintenence skills then! ^_^

Spiky Simon

Regular
Set mine up last night :smile: I have to say for £30 it's a surprisingly well made and solid bit of kit. The legs splay out a long way, which makes for a very stable platform for doing work on. V. pleased -- I would agree with jamin100, seems like it could possibly be the best £30 I've spent on bike kit.

I bought a wall rack, too, which I'll stick up on the weekend (if it's raining again :angry:) as it would be nice to get my bikes out of the way. Doesn't seem quite as solid as the workstand though.

bobones

Veteran
Wasn't that impressed bike the Lidl wall stand. I've got the heavy duty Aldi one in the garage and it's great for 2 bikes and will take bikes with severely sloped top tubes. £30 though Here's one (not mine).

5010787251_bbcb0c6260.jpg

Wasn't that impressed bike the Lidl wall stand. I've got the heavy duty Aldi one in the garage and it's great for 2 bikes and will take bikes with severely sloped top tubes. £30 though Here's one (not mine).

5010787251_bbcb0c6260.jpg

I've got both the Aldi and the Lidl one now. The Aldi one is indeed better, however I didn't have room to fit two Aldi ones in my garage due o height limitations where the garage door opens.

The Lidl one claims to be able to hold two bikes, but I won't trust it for that - it's perfect though for holding just one bike and some bits and pieces on the shelf :smile:

bobones

Veteran
My top tube has a brake cable in the way and my seat post is carbon so I prefer to clamp the seat tube.
Unless it's particularly different from the norm, you should be able to slot the brake cable into the groove in the clamp so the brake still operates correctly when clamped by the top tube.

Spiky Simon

Regular
The Lidl one claims to be able to hold two bikes, but I won't trust it for that - it's perfect though for holding just one bike and some bits and pieces on the shelf :smile:

It says it's rated to 50 kgs, but it does look a bit flimsy for that and not sure the wall mounts would hold either - so yeah I don't think I'll try mounting two bikes on it. Should be enough to hold my cross bike though.

The aldi one looks good but not sure it would fit in my designated bike room (previously known as the dining room :smile: )

Raymonda

bike_stand.jpg

Quick question for other owners of the Lidl bike maintenance stand.

I have put it together but on the main tube there there a lock lever, similar to a quick release lever on a wheel, and I cannot for love nor money get mine to lock.

The whole bolt just swivels around and then I try to lock it it is not gripping the tube at all so that when I attach a bike to the stand it spins around or drops straight down.

Is there a knack to it or have I got a dud? I notice that the end of the bolt has no hex screw on it, just what looks like a circular piece of metal with the number 48. The top bolt of the two with the blue lever.

Aiden_23

My wife picked me one up today as I was nearly in tears at the thought of missing out!!! It will get fired up after football tonight, oh my friday night thrills!!! BTW the Kilsyth store near Cumbernauld has over 30 left for anyone that stays in or around the Glasgow area.

Raymonda

Just update to my own post above about a loose top tube. It turns out I had a dud so I took it back and the manager without even looking at the damaged item or my receipt said to take another one. He even let me set it up in the shop to check that it was all OK and it was.

Lidl has often got stick about how it treats its staff but as a customer I cannot fault the company. When ever I have had to return something they have been fantastic about it.

If the weather holds then it will be a weekend of tinkering for me.

Top Bottom