Lidl's bike stand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Had a little helper today when sorting the stand out. Really nice looking bit of kit!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2
Nappy's a bit slack

Alan57

Bought mine today in Plymouth , cycled home 8 miles with it strapped to my back across the moors :wacko:. It is well worth the £29.99 and has a 3 year warranty . Been tinkering with my bikes all afternoon , I think if you don`t abuse it then it will last and it`s a great piece of kit for the home cycle mechanic . Well pleased with my purchase.

Darcy

POB
Got mine this morning, couldn't believe they had one left. Didn't really expect much due to the price and it being from Lidl, but it seems quite substantial, and sturdy. Looking forward to using it later when I put new tyres, mudguards and Set up the Garmin.

Thomk

Guru
Bought mine today in Plymouth , cycled home 8 miles with it strapped to my back across the moors :wacko:. It is well worth the £29.99 and has a 3 year warranty . Been tinkering with my bikes all afternoon , I think if you don`t abuse it then it will last and it`s a great piece of kit for the home cycle mechanic . Well pleased with my purchase.
Respect!

Alan57

Thomk , Thanks for that , my partner just thinks i`m mad :crazy:, she`s probably right.

Alan57

The tele for Lidl is 0870 444 1234 you could probably give them a call and see if they can , a. give you the local store number or b. do a stock check via their system to see what`s available in your area. Cheers.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I popped into my local LiDL yesterday and saw that they had quite a few left. Having seen the length of the box and felt the weight, I decided that even a flat 2 miles with that strapped to my back or perched perilously on a pannier was beyond the call of duty. I'm borrowing a car and going back today. Out of curiosity, how on earth did you strap it on your back and still manage to move on a bike?

Alan57

deptfordmarmoset, I regularly cycle to Tesco`s ,Morrison`s from my home on the moor`s which is usually hill`s followed by more hill`s with a backpack of shopping. I have got rid of my car because of fuel costs ,so everything I do is walk or bike . I really wanted the stand so I used thick cord and gaffa tape then slung it over my shoulders and across my chest like a bow . Weight wise it was fine the only thing that caused me any grief was the cord could have been thicker or I should have padded it on my shoulder area, but it was ok. Cheers.

Gixxerman

Guru
Mucho respect for Alan57. That stand is no light weight.
Had time to use mine over the weekend and I have to say it is nice bit of gear. Held my Trek 4700 nice and firmly whilst I clean and lubed it. Even though the cables run under the top tube, I could still clamp the top tube if I was careful as there is a bit of clearance in the middle of the clamp 'V' due to it having some raised lump on the gripping surface. The gear change still worked as well, so I was able to adjust the gears. Never been able to get them right before as I used to just turn the bike upside down and gears do not seem to work the same way when inverted. Very pleased with my purchase.

Top Bottom