Lidl's cycling gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robeh

took a punt on the softshell jacket(black)well inpresed with the quality for 12 quid:smile:

pclay

Veteran
Just been back into my local Lidl. All the work stands were gone.

Looked at the softshell again. The lime green one has three open back pockets. The black one does not, it has two zipped pockets at the rear to the sides.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

Looked at the softshell again. The lime green one has three open back pockets. The black one does not, it has two zipped pockets at the rear to the sides.
I was surprised to hear that the 2 were differently specced. I took my lime green one out tonight and I can confirm that the large is super long. With a proportionately long body, that suits me fine. One odd thing: when I looked behind, I'd get a glimpse of lime on the edge of my sight which I wasn't expecting to be there. I've got bright yellow rain gear that's never given me an ''it's behind you'' feeling. It must be because it's broken up by the black trim.

Robeh

i got the black one even though the pockts are in a weird place lol

The lights are probably worth skipping as they are only AA or AAA powered.
Wot's wrong with that?
Nowt wrong with Aa powered lights.
Depends on the light.
I know nothing about the lidl lights though - these dzys i stick to cateye, smart, hope - all AA powered.

Last edited:
T

The workstand, however, is ace. The cheapest one on offer in my local bike shop is just shy of €300, so €35 is a hell of a bargain.
Cripes, i knew italy was uncompetititive, but that's barmy. Was it a fashion item? I have a certzin exoerience of SOME itaiian bike shops. One i know, which is good in many ways, seems to think it vulgar to display prices on a fair bit of their stock.

albion

Guru
I think the Front light came with 4 AA Eneloop type NiMh whilst rear has 2 standard AAA.

I assume the charger simply attaches to the light so not bad for £10

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
The heart rate thingy worked with my iphone but you have to be a premium strava member to see the data so that was a waste of money :angry:

Top Bottom