Lidl's cycling gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigAl68

Über Member
Just has a text from my wonderful mum and she picked me up a workstand. She also said I didn't have to give her any money as it's my birthday in the morning.

pclay

Veteran
I'll check but I thought there was one on each kidney? Is there only one?
I got the lime green softshell. Just one zipped pocket on the left chest.

bikeman66

I don't think it will. 510 uses bluetooth to talk to the phone only. To the best of my knowledge you need an ant+ hrm

I bought 2 work stands for members of my cycling club who were worried they would miss out, also one of the new soft-shell jackets which i'm really impressed with for £11, with 2 zip pockets. Really light and somewhere between long sleeved jersey and wearing a winter jacket.
Also more socks as I always stock up and another pair of mitts as I find them really comfy even if they do look cheap.

A word on the sizing. I expect to buy xl or xxl in most stuff. My new softshell from Lidl is L and fits perfectly.
I must admit, I thought it might be a long shot that the 510 would pair with the HRM belt. I have a perfectly functioning Sigma Sport HRM anyway, so it was really only the added convenience of having all the information displayed on the Garmin, rather than two separate units that appealed. Probably just end up buying an ANT+ chest belt sooner or later I guess.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Don't need clothes or tools so just got the bluetooth heart rate strap. Connected easily to my Galaxy S3 with Strava, so I is happy :smile:

EDIT: oh and two lovely pear trees for £8.99 each

Jackswan

The handle on the floor pump has broken on first try, back to Lidl it will go. Any suggestions for a half decent floor pump, not too expensive?

maltloaf

I must admit, I thought it might be a long shot that the 510 would pair with the HRM belt. I have a perfectly functioning Sigma Sport HRM anyway, so it was really only the added convenience of having all the information displayed on the Garmin, rather than two separate units that appealed. Probably just end up buying an ANT+ chest belt sooner or later I guess.
I have a mio hrm that broadcasts both ant+ and Bluetooth and even receives from my ant+ bike sensors and rebroadcast them over Bluetooth too. Covers all the bases.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just has a text from my wonderful mum and she picked me up a workstand. She also said I didn't have to give her any money as it's my birthday in the morning.
Never mind you will soon enough have birthdays when it costs you money instead and no one else notices it was your birthday , my mother did not even ring me up on mine last week .

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
The handle on the floor pump has broken on first try, back to Lidl it will go. Any suggestions for a half decent floor pump, not too expensive?

Halfords currently have a floor pump for about £14. My local store had them combined with a mini pump on a flash sale for £8 a couple of months back. I thought that was a bargain even before the BC discount.No problems so far with it.

bikeman66

I guess it's a bit of a lottery with the track pumps then! Must admit, I've been using a Lidl one for around two or three years now with no problems. Calibrated it against the dial on my compressed air inflator and it seems pretty accurate, and I've had no reliability issues with it so far. For the £5.00 I paid for it I don't think it owes me too much now.

andyfraser

Über Member
I have a Joe Blow Sport 2 based on recommendations from here. It's a good pump and seems like it'll last. At £32.99 (current Halfords price) it's a bit pricey but worth it. I'd rather not have a pump stop working when I need it.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Is it worth me making a special journey, of extra 15 miles, to look at their HRM. If it won't work with a Windows phone it'll be a waste of time. Anyone know if it will work with all smart phones.
I use Sportstracker and theirs is about £50.

U

User482

I bought the workstand the last time they had a sale. It's pretty good actually, and very stable. A dab of grease on the shaft will help it to fold more easily, and you may need to nip up a couple of the bolts a little more tightly.

Top Bottom