Lidl's cycling gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
I couldn't decide where to post this, so I doubled up. Lidl have their Eneloop type rechargeable batteries in at £3 for 4.
I have bought the AA 2300mah. They came charged and an initial inspection indicates they certainly outlast my quality 1900mah Eneloops.

The AAA are 950mah.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Ohh, the saddles are back, they did not stock them last time round.
The racing ones are really comfy, got them on 3 of my bikes.
The softs shell is really warm, used one for the last two winters.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
What about the Bluetooth HRM? Is compatible with Windows phone, does anyone know, or just what everyone else does Android & I-phone only?
Might have a look at the folding bike lock and a new pair of glove. I have 3 pairs but the stitching is going on the ones I bought about 5 years ago.:whistle:

sionhughes

The Lidl jerseys are actually pretty decent, I have a couple of them. I have a DHB Buzz, and it is better, though I find the sleeves are too short.

The Buzz is an MTB jersey with just one pocket, intended to be used with a backpack, the Lidl ones will have 3 pockets.

Thanks! I might pop in for a jersey come Monday.

LonesomeWanderer

Über Member
I got a couple of the saddle bags in a previous sale. It takes some fiddling around to mount them so they don't hang down and block the rear light but that might be to do with my saddle position. The zips are quite cheap and often don't mesh properly as well but as long as you check the teeth are interlocked they seem OK.

The gloves are quite good but you have to watch out for the sizing - the labels aren't always correct so make sure you try them on before buying.

I got some of those lights before too. The back one is a bit dim. The front one came with 4AA NiMH rechargeables and a lead so you can charge them in-place once they're installed. It's quite bright but only has two modes (on and off) so no flashing and it feels quite platicky (its also quite big).

I got this one as a stocking filler at Christmas and it's much better - metal body, good battery life, very bright:
http://www.7dayshop.com/products/7d...lashlight-with-mount-blue-ring-7DS-ML-214BLUE

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
The floor pump looks worth a punt for a fiver.

contadino

Veteran
The cycle computer that I picked up yesterday looks like it'll last no longer than a couple of minutes. The magnet is on it's tightest and it had rotated on the spoke maybe 10 degrees which was enough for it not to register with the sensor. A few kilometers on gravel and rock, or maybe just a hearty sneeze, and I expect that it'll be for the bin.

The workstand, however, is ace. The cheapest one on offer in my local bike shop is just shy of €300, so €35 is a hell of a bargain.

KneesUp

Guru
Has anyone used one of the cycle locks that are on the offer? Looks quite useful, just not sure how secure they are!
I had the Aldi version (was £15 there but I got a clearance one for £7.50)

They're easy to store, and usefully longer than a U lock - long enough to go around a signpost, front wheel and frame. And they look hard to break, although I believe that the weak point with all the folding locks is the rivets.

The lock bit on mine failed though (fortunately whilst it was unlocked) so they key turned but the mechanism didn't move. Of course that wasn't a Lidl one though.

sionhughes

I had the Aldi version (was £15 there but I got a clearance one for £7.50)

They're easy to store, and usefully longer than a U lock - long enough to go around a signpost, front wheel and frame. And they look hard to break, although I believe that the weak point with all the folding locks is the rivets.

The lock bit on mine failed though (fortunately whilst it was unlocked) so they key turned but the mechanism didn't move. Of course that wasn't a Lidl one though.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking for a lock, decided I should get one as I commute to work more. Any recommendations?

Top Bottom