Lidl's cycling gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
I replaced my Aldi lock with one of these (£24) http://www.halfords.com/cycling/acc...ortum-gold-sold-secure-d-lock-210x110mm-black

It's 'Gold Secure' - however it turns out that a U lock on a mountain bike isn't big enough to get around the seat tube, the rear wheel, the front wheel (removed) and a post - which is how I used to use one with my road bike. So I have some chunky chain (actually chain from a reduced bike lock in tesco that had a rubbish looking padlock) that fits on to the u lock to use when I am leaving the bike for a while - otherwise I lock the frame with the u lock and leave the wheels to chance.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
The floor pump looks worth a punt for a fiver.

From past experience of the floor pump I would give it a miss. I managed to break both the first one and replacement on first use.and returned for a refund

The shirts, gloves and saddle bags are normally decent enough but from past experience the shorts have the padding in the wrong place

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I'm still using the floor pump I bought 2 years ago. Fine if you want to pump up to about 70 psi, which is ideal for all my bikes except the road bikes. I keep it in the car now for the folding bikes.

Mike_P

Guru
Although listed as on sale from Monday many stores put special buy items out early depending on how full the special buys area is. I have bought many Monday offers on a Sunday afternoon, and Thursday offers on a Wednesday evening, so if you are near a Lidl tomorrow afternoon it be might be worth popping in.

Mike_P

Guru
Bingo, some stuff out on display this afternoon but some limited in quantity, wondered how long they had been on sale. Were also selling socks of shoe liner length at £2.49. Shorts germanic in sizing with the smallest (M) being 38-40" waist, however picked up a pair for use on the indoor trainer and flat they are 2cm narrow than Aldi 34-36" shorts (33cm v 35cm). Tenn 34-36" shorts in comparison are 26cm. Waistband is tied as usual with Lidl stuff.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I have had one of the floor pumps for a few years now. I keep it in my locker at work just in case :okay: it's been used many times, but only once by me ^_^

Simontm

Veteran
Just come back from the work local with some sorts and 3/4 as well as a top. Not that well stocked on sizes but lots of stuff.

pclay

Veteran
This morning i have purchased a softshell jacket and a workstand. The softshell jacket is standard clothes sizing, and is quite baggy so plenty of room for layers (It is not fleece lined). It has 3 back pockets, not one as the packaging suggests. I have not taken the stand out of the box yet.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Loads and loads of stuff in my local store this morning. I remember in the past when there would be a queue before the store opened - seems those times have passed. More limited range of stuff - no shoes or windproof jackets for example, and a limited range of colours - only black jackets for men, and pink for women. No interest anyway as their sizing excludes me - no small mens, and I wouldn't buy a pink one!

BigAl68

Über Member
Just called my good old mum and she is heading over to hopefully pick me up a workstand at her local store.

Top Bottom