Life changes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
RedBike said:
Yes, spur of the moment. Decided yesterday that I was well and truely pissed off with life. It was either this or throwing myself off a motorway bridge.
I decided the touring option was preferable as it didn't involve heights.

My job will still be open for me (hopefully) when I get back so it's not that bold a move.

Heading north while I wait for my passport to arrive then we'll see.

You planning on touring in Holland :ohmy:?

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

It turns out i've got an avultation fracture in my ankle so i'm not going anywhere any time soon. I'm absolutely livid.

Make room on London Bridge.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
:o)

In practise what does that mean - are you in plaster, off the bike ... how long to heal?

In the meantime start planning your route or where you might want to go ... looking at maps can be fun.

djb1971

Legendary Member
Bloody hell Red!!

I wish I could pack up and **** off :biggrin:

You could have bought my Peregrine instead of a Galaxy and given it a global trip :biggrin:

HelenD123

Guru
I was just about to add my congratulations then read this morning's post:sad:. You can soon fill some time planning the trip while your ankle heals. Keep the dream alive.

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

summerdays said:
;)

In practise what does that mean - are you in plaster, off the bike ... how long to heal?

In the meantime start planning your route or where you might want to go ... looking at maps can be fun.

In practice it means my ankles sprained and swollen.
Treatment is just rest and mild anti-inflamatories. I'm not in plaster, just using one of those support bandages from a sports shop.

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

djb1971 said:
Bloody hell Red!!

I wish I could pack up and **** off :biggrin:

You could have bought my Peregrine instead of a Galaxy and given it a global trip ;)

The Galaxy was a bit of an impulse buy. I'm still waiting for the guy off ebay to get around to posting it (It has only been 2 days). The complete bike didn't cost anywhere near as much as a Peregrine frame.

djb1971

Legendary Member
RedBike said:
The Galaxy was a bit of an impulse buy. I'm still waiting for the guy off ebay to get around to posting it (It has only been 2 days). The complete bike didn't cost anywhere near as much as a Peregrine frame.

So you finally got an ebay bargain!!
There was a Peregrine frame on the other week that went for under £300 xx(

If you don't fancy a world tour you can nip over to me and we can do a week camping around Wales. It's fun lugging all of your kit up 20%+ gradients :wacko: It'd get you used to your gear.

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

Sadly it will be a few weeks before i'm off anywhere. At the moment i've got to sit on the sofa [sulking] with my foot higher than my head.

I will let you know about Wales though.

jags

Guru
Madcyclist said:
Admire your spirit, I'm off touring for 6-7 months on Friday for similar reasons. My life sucked so why not !!
wow that's one hell of a tour you've planned the very best of irish luck I'll watch out for you on crazyguy should be interesting ,life goes on buddy make the best of it and watch out for those TI girls there only beautiful;)

blockend

I made a similar decision to clear off and keep traveling with my partner years ago. For various reasons, cold feet, elderly parents on their last legs, my employer being nice (i.e. they'd be screwed if I left), we delayed it and I spent the next four years going nowhere and making bad life decisions.
Then one day we had a mortgage, kids and a 'career'. Nobody ever regrets going travelling, everything else is propaganda.

Top Bottom