Life is hell - official

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What if you don’t use a trolley?

We often use our shopping bags to collect our stuff in and then unload them at the belt. I’m not going to heap the groceries into the bag in a speedy but random fashion just to then take it to the window and rearrange it all when my preferred method works perfectly well.
er use a trolley if it would help you.
Probably only a matter of time before your principled stand for individual human rights earns you a statue in the shopping mall.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
At Aldi they have big red stickers for the reduced stuff. Being the tight wad I am, to be sure they knock off the reduction, I leave the red stickered stuff to be scanned last, then I can watch like a hawk to check they hit the button (as I'm not distracted by packing). Nothing worse than missing out on a 30% reduction on a 79p item.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
At Aldi they have big red stickers for the reduced stuff. Being the tight wad I am, to be sure they knock off the reduction, I leave the red stickered stuff to be scanned last, then I can watch like a hawk to check they hit the button (as I'm not distracted by packing). Nothing worse than missing out on a 30% reduction on a 79p item.

Leprosy ??

Mike_P

Guru
We check our receipt whilst we are still in shops and never had to complain about incorrect shelf prices or quantity of items scanned at Aldi can't say the same at other supermarkets ....
Asda and Morrisons are dreadful for overcharging at the till compared to the shelf price. Have refused to pay for an item at Morrisons when they made no effort to check it against the shelf price. Asda is also dreadful for having goods way pass the use by date still on the shelf even after they have been told.

Cirrus

Veteran
Can't remember the last time I used the human cashier route in a supermarket, scan and go etc is just so much more convenient.

Do Aldi, have scan and go?

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Leprosy ??
Give me leprosy any day, (well, not literally, I'm not suggesting you have leprosy !).
Actually I'll tell you what's worse. The other day I shopped in Aldi and when I went to collect the trolley the previous user had forgotten to take out their £1 coin. Result! I'm already a quid up before even stepping into the store! Did my shopping there, but needed some speciality stuff, which I knew a Booths nearby would sell. I would usually walk from Aldi to Booths, but I was in a rush so I drove. You have to pay to park in Booths (but can claim it back at the checkout) so I got my stuff, came out and realised I'd forgotten to claim back the parking fee. Even worse, I'd paid for two hours parking (90p) using the £1 coin I'd found (even though no change is given, I thought I could stand the 10p loss, given I'd found it), for five minutes parking. It really spoiled my day.

Can't remember the last time I used the human cashier route in a supermarket, scan and go etc is just so much more convenient.

Do Aldi, have scan and go?
Best thing ever. You can pace yourself. No need to join the long queues. And now days people tend to go for fresh stuff so gone are days of food laden trolley to last 2 weeks.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller

In waitrose a few years ago, reductions and offers doubled up.

So if an item on BOGOF was priced at £1, but reduced to say 30p at the end of the day, if you bought two you were charged 60p, but refunded the original £1 for the BOGOF, so they paid you 40p to take two items off their shelf. Result!

They seem to have changed their systems since.

Give me leprosy any day, (well, not literally, I'm not suggesting you have leprosy !).
Actually I'll tell you what's worse. The other day I shopped in Aldi and when I went to collect the trolley the previous user had forgotten to take out their £1 coin. Result! I'm already a quid up before even stepping into the store! Did my shopping there, but needed some speciality stuff, which I knew a Booths nearby would sell. I would usually walk from Aldi to Booths, but I was in a rush so I drove. You have to pay to park in Booths (but can claim it back at the checkout) so I got my stuff, came out and realised I'd forgotten to claim back the parking fee. Even worse, I'd paid for two hours parking (90p) using the £1 coin I'd found (even though no change is given, I thought I could stand the 10p loss, given I'd found it), for five minutes parking. It really spoiled my day.
Aldi giveth and Booths taketh away.

(by the by, you're somewhere up north I assume? - Booths the giveaway, not the care with cash I stress)

Top Bottom