Lights and Reflectors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Snorrarcisco

Regular
According to the RVLR one requires a front and back lamp flashing or not flashing according to some limitations but what puzzles me is the following it claims one needs rear reflector (i assume this could be on the person or bike mounted) but also one needs 4 pedal reflectors. Now how do you go about on these if you clip in or use SPD's?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
There are SPD pedals with reflectors and add on reflectors for some pedals.

And reflectors must be on the bike (vehicle) not the rider, like lights.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Don't worry about it. No one has ever been pulled up by the police for not having pedal reflectors.
Yes, but they do (IMO and without wishing to get into a 40-odd page discussion on the subject) make you very visible and identifiable as a cyclist. I'm a big fan.

LonesomeWanderer

Über Member
Pedal reflectors definitely mark you out as "one of those cyclist people", for better or worse. I got some orange reflector tape on eBay and stuck it front and rear of each SPD pedal - not in anyway to meet the legal requirements, but because the movement of pedal reflectors really is effective....

ANT 666

Trying to re member
Ta.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
(IMO and without wishing to get into a 40-odd page discussion on the subject) make you very visible and identifiable as a cyclist. I'm a big fan.
+ millions.

These and a Sam Browne belt scream cyclist more than anything IMO.

@Snorrarcisco you can get caged dual side pedals: SPD on one side and flat on the other with reflectors fittable to the cage.
Shimano also offer a plastic platform that clips into the standard roadie both side SPD making one side a flat platform and comes with integral pedal reflectors.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Now how do you go about on these if you clip in or use SPD's?

I use these:

shimano dual pedals.jpg

GC

Top Bottom