Lightweight touring in Europe - low money

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It should be doable. I would take a small tent though.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I would take a stove else you'll have to pay out more every time you want hot food or a cuppa. I favour trangia, meths eing cheap in France at least, but other choices valid. I would also take a tent, but that is a comfort vs weight thing. Remember bitey insects not just rain

alicat

Legendary Member
Sounds fun!

How are you going to get back to the UK? That will govern what you take on the way out....

Dismount

If not a tent at least take a tarp and use what is around you to make a makeshift tent. I would take a stove to make a cuppa and make food, packet pasta, soups etc. If a cold night can also use to generate some heat and have a hot drink before bed.

alicat

Legendary Member
If I were going to be on the road for six weeks or more, I would definitely take a tent. Bit miserable otherwise.

Enjoy yourself!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
@User21629
Fab idea! It's that crazy I'd join you if I had the time :-)
What I do have is:

Lightweight tent (can be used without inner for extra weight saving
Alpkit Hunka Bivvy bag
Plastic bivvy bag (Ultra lightweight!!!!!)
Small Alpkit Tarp
Pocket stove and titanium mug - enough for heating cans of food and making tea, pasta etc. Very compact.
Titanium Spork. and other lightweight bits, travel towel etc.

You are welcome to borrow what you need. Come round sometime and see what you want. Bring the bike and we can see what we can fit. I have a small bar-bag too.

I would suggest municipal campsites where possible.

IMG_4526.JPG

Tarp

IMG_4690.JPG

Pocket stove and Ti Mug with optional windshield, often carried in a small bag on a day out walking for making tea/soup

IMG_5182.JPG

Tent without inner, Hunka bivvy bag and lightweight foam mat.

IMG_4707.JPG

Tarp and Bivvy bag used in a windy location!!!!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Lee_M

Guru
if you arent using hotels restaurants etc, how are you planning to charge your phone/gps etc?

Top Bottom