Lightweight touring in Europe - low money

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
[QUOTE 4796830, member: 21629"]No, I would like to go where I want and to ride as many miles as I want. Sleeping in somebody's house means I'm limited with distance/direction choices.[/QUOTE]
You're beginning to sound like perfect Audax material ;-)

andrew_s

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4796760, member: 21629"]Sandwiches are ok for me.[/QUOTE]
Sandwiches (and a lot of other ready to eat food) are comparatively expensive compared with cook it yourself ingredients.
Have you considered a wood burning stove?

I would suggest municipal campsites where possible.

A lot of the route will be Germany - not cheap for campsites - Poland campsites are relatively cheaper but scarcer - baltics along the coast there are campsites - inland there are fewer but a fair number of free ones - if you can find them - I never managed to find any - going the other way but my 2009 CGOB

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4796706, member: 21629"]I'm not sure if I will go. Everything depends on money, I don't want to realise in the middle of Europe that oops! I've got no money.
I don't mind to spend warm days of summer here in UK, it also has got very beautiful nature.[/QUOTE]
Go West, try Ireland.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4799375, member: 21629"]@classic33 Ireland wouldn't be much different from continental Europe. Yes it's closer to UK but prices and infrastructure are similar. Actually if I will decide to do that trip I will need to step out of my usual comfort zone of predictible and civilized sleeping places, routes, food, finances. This is a bit scary.

@TheDoctor It's called hobby ... :smile: Though I expected b0llocking from him that I'm going to do absolute stupid thing. :whistle: And I had no idea that can sleep in a tent.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking more that you'd done the Eastern side.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 4799581, member: 21629"]Thread UK to LT 2016: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/uk-lt-on-may-2016-by-bike.208776/ with link to photos.

Thread UK to LT 2014: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/uk-to-lithuania-by-bike-2014.206274/ also with link to photos.

Roads were tarmac ones. Except few hundred yards of gravel or sand (that was fun) or forest lane or remains of broken bricks (I was a bit scared about my tyres but they were ok).[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

albal

Guru
Did coast to coast EU and e2e,
My tent weighs 1.2kgs. Sleeping bag around 850g. I,d pack these items first.
I,m food lover so I pack a stove, but I'm sure you can survive without if your that way inclined.

Enjoy your trip.

I like the fact that you are an independent self sufficient person, theres not many people that would ride that distance with minimal equipment.

It sounds like your step father tought you well :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4808388, member: 21629"]Things look bad. :sad: "Low money" seems to be "too low money".
Maybe in the next life.[/QUOTE]
Head West, for Ireland.

It may only be a short distance away(France is closer), but the differences need to be seen.

Top Bottom