Lightweight touring kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raggydoll

Über Member
one is the 25 hard anodised - will only ever use solo but I had the idea that I needed the bigger size for pasta.
The other is the smaller 27 (damn that scandinavian logic) plain ally which I prefer.
I have bought 1 or 2 duossal bits since - damn again that upselling outdoor shop stuff.
In general I prefer stuff that isn't trying to be non-stick.
I also have this but have never used.
https://www.addnature.co.uk/318026.html

Cool. I have a 25 aluminium.
Always wondered if it would be worth getting a 27 too but so used to the larger size of the 25.

Love the idea of the mini (28) too for a little lightweight day ride lunch! :smile:

Baldy

Über Member
Trangia's are very heavy and quite a bit big for my use, when not using gas I have a Speedster Universal Windscreen and Pot Rest for pans Dia 100mm to 120mm - speedsterstoves all I need. Takes either my 700ml pot or my 550ml mug.

I did a 3 month tour cooking real food, not the packs of "just add hot water" with Trangia. I did one 3 course meal with a steak but mostly rice, pasta or couscus type dishes.
I found the slower cook time to be no disadvantage. I could prepare camp in the time it took a kettle to boil. I set the kettle up for morning coffee. The simmer ring takes a bit of practice and leatherman pliers.
They are tip proof and pretty safe. I had one incident with high purity German rocket fuel which boilled over flaming alcohol. That stuff needed to be watered down. I never cooked in the tent.
I really love my T27.

Firebox Nano is another Trangia burner holder that also doubles up as a twig fuelled stove and for triple the fun can be setup to burn Swedish Torch style vertical split logs for 40min burn time. They pack flat, fit in a back pocket and come in steel or ti.

My Swedish army surplus meths cooking kit arrived in the post. Need a trial run now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 8

mmmmartin

Random geezer
My Swedish army surplus meths cooking kit arrived in the post. Need a trial run now
I've had one for years and it's brilliant. Not the lightest but probably the cheapest, and certainly bombproof.
Arrive at campsite: light this thing up, place to one side: put up tent and have everything sorted perhaps including shower if possible: return to stove which is now silently bubbling away.
In the morning: light stove then take down tent and pack everything away: return to stove which has been silently bubbling away in the corner, unattended.
What more could you possibly want?
Also: you can buy meths anywhere but be careful of the meths in Spain that can be bought in supermarkets and which is a cleaning fluid and doesn't burn as the alcohol content is too low. You need to buy it from a DIY place or perhaps a pharmacy. Be careful though.
DAHIKT.

Top Bottom