Liittle S#*ts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I might be an ugly git, but I hope I don't look like I belong on top of a bonfire!
Just a thought :blush:

Sara_H

Guru
I've had a flying kick launched at me by youths on a couple of occasions. Both times in the same area. I've had other incidents in the same area with youths jumping out on me, shouting at me etc.

I get a bit nervous in that area, but I have to ride through to get home, either that or a rather long detour. It's a well known area for this kind of anti social behaviour. Not really sure what the answer is.

Last edited:

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
Finished work early today so decided to head out for a quick run on the bike.

I had done 17 miles in the countryside and the last 2 mile or so brings me back to my home town on the outskirts of Glasgow.

It was around 3.45 and on approaching a bus stop I see 3 young boys around 14 in school uniform. On seeing me 2 of them hide round the back of the shelter so I'm preparing myself. On getting about 10 yards past the shelter I feel something smack my back causing me to turn and almost have my first clipless moment at 18mph! On stopping I turn round and the 3 boys are sitting in the shelter looking the opposite way.

I wasn't going to let this lie so stormed over to them and let rip big time (had they been older they would have got a smack!) I could smell the poo coming out of 2 of them when I approached and the other, who obviously threw the missile just kept saying "wasn't us mister" (even though there was nobody else about) repeatedly!

I was raging, if there had been a car behind me it would have been a close shave. I should have reacted better and just pulled in calmly but couldn't believe the stupidity of these boys.

Sorry about the rant, has anybody else had a similar experience?
this is the reason its ok to smack children, because they learn it hurts if i do that,

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Cycling through various villages in Rajasthan in India last year a lot of the kids would come running out with sticks that they liked to poke in your spokes. I have never known so many straight roads turn into chicanes as you tried to avoid them.

It was still a great trip though.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've had a packet of wotsits thrown at me - bloody well didn't even catch one to eat it !:sad:

Snowballs are to be expected (if we get snow). I know when it's been bad, I'm usually on the MTB so expect a few. It's even better when they miss, as you can taunt them.:evil:

Thomk

Guru
Whenever I see a groups of boys I nod and say 'alright lads, how's it going?' This lets them know I've seen them and builds rapport thus discouraging mischief.
Given that you look exactly like the 80s tough man and TV star Mt T, I'm not surprised by the absence of "mischief" from groups of normal sized boys :becool:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I had a plastic boittle thrown at me by some school kids at a bus stop. Nearly stopped and confronted them but managed to keep my calm. You end up in a confrontation with kids as an adult and whatever they did you may find the law takes a different view.

Thomk

Guru
Finished work early today so decided to head out for a quick run on the bike.

I had done 17 miles in the countryside and the last 2 mile or so brings me back to my home town on the outskirts of Glasgow.

It was around 3.45 and on approaching a bus stop I see 3 young boys around 14 in school uniform. On seeing me 2 of them hide round the back of the shelter so I'm preparing myself. On getting about 10 yards past the shelter I feel something smack my back causing me to turn and almost have my first clipless moment at 18mph! On stopping I turn round and the 3 boys are sitting in the shelter looking the opposite way.

I wasn't going to let this lie so stormed over to them and let rip big time (had they been older they would have got a smack!) I could smell the poo coming out of 2 of them when I approached and the other, who obviously threw the missile just kept saying "wasn't us mister" (even though there was nobody else about) repeatedly!

I was raging, if there had been a car behind me it would have been a close shave. I should have reacted better and just pulled in calmly but couldn't believe the stupidity of these boys.

I should think carefully about reacting in that way to children/youths in future. If the situation had escalated you might have found yourself in a heap of trouble.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste

The children were in school uniform so are 'representatives' of the school; if you know which school, report the incident to the Head Teacher. Even better if you can describe/ identify the boys concerned .... :boxing:

I had chips thrown at me last summer through the passenger window of a car.
Once had the remnants of a McDondalds flung at me, it hit the forks & fries ended up in the spokes

Last summer, I had a 2 litre bottle of some brand of 'Cola' thrown at me, which skittered past my front wheel (in time to miss it thankfully) from a white Transit pick-up
A bit further down the road the level-crossing gates were down, so a peer in the cab revealed 2 fairly big blokes & a scrawny looking 16/17 year old lad sat in the near-side passenger seat (who was intensely playing with a phone)

Next roundabout, by the old Roman fort site, another bottle came flying, along with what sounded like the accent of a member of the 'travelling fraternity'

Both incidents were in Castleford

Brandane

Legendary Member
Cheers, that's where I live!!!
There appears to be a typo on your profile location then! :thumbsup:
Renfrew's not so bad TBH, I lived there briefly a few years back when I got involved with a young lady who lived in Tanar Way. Was impossible trying to sleep though; it was like lying on the hard shoulder of the M8 at the Braehead junction. Her house couldn't have been any closer to the motorway :sad:.

Top Bottom