Linking Strava using a Garmin 200?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I know that you can do it, but can anyone simplify the whole process for me, as I'm really struggling to get my head around this?

You can link Strava to a Garmin Connect account. If you have when you upload to GC it'll do it automatically to Strava. IIRC after setting up the GC you go to strava upload and authorise it to connect to GC and it'll do it automatically in future.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Ah, okay, I've managed to link my Strava to my Garmin, so now just have to workout this connect thingwy.

aferris2

Guru
Direct to Strava:
Connect the 200 to your PC using a USB cable.
Go to your Strava dashboard and select Upload Activity (it's hiding under the large + on the right). Click on Files then select the rides directly from the 200 - they are in the Garmin\Activities folder. I think you have to confirm ride details, then it's all done.

On a PC/ Laptop after you've made a GC account you just click the big '+' on Strava (top right) then select the 'Device' tab (on the Left) and it should give you instructions after that. After that any future up loads to GC will go straight to Strava and if you've installed Garmin Express and set up your device it'll be an automatic upload to GC when you plug the cable in.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Ah, I've been using my tablet.:shy:

I'll need to try and get Strava on my work computer, that will probably be another nightmare.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Yip the Strava app is streamlined and there are more options on the PC version, including useful privacy zone stuff you may want to set up :okay:
Thanks, I'll have a look. It may take me a while though.^_^

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
This is almost certainly a stupid question but do you delete all the files every time you upload to Strava?

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Far from a stupid question. The storage space is small on the Garmin, but the rides are absolutely Minute in storage terms so no need to delete. Eventually you might need to, but will be a long while before that.
Fair enough. I reckon I haven't quite got it right yet though as I'm struggling to upload automatically, but I also think it's a hardware issue so I'm uploading individual files and I'm going to miss the odd one eventually. I'll work it out eventually.

Top Bottom