List your height (inches) and frame size (cm)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
5'8"
My Trek is 54cm
My Cube is 56cm

My wallet is empty.

Ethan

6'3''/2'' depending on how hard the weeks been.
56cm frame. Next bike will probably be a 58cm though.

D

Deleted member 1258

Height 5' 6" inside leg 29, short arms
Pearson Fixed, horizontal top tube a 54cm, 90 stem
Verenti Kilmeston compact a 53cm 75 stem
the Kilmeston is about one size to big for me, but still has plenty of seat post showing,
the Pearson is about the right size.
Frame fit is not just about the seat tube but about the top tube length and the geometry as well, the top tube on the Kilmeston is slightly over the ideal length, 53cm to 54cm, the Pearson top tube is on the long end of ideal at 54cm.
Both bikes are smaller than the 21 1/2" that I used to ride when frames were measured in imperial.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
5'11" and a 58 inch frame.

My Ape Factor indicates that I'm a bit of a knuckle dragger. Inside leg is quite long for my height. I changed the stem from 110mm to 90mm. I'm still utter pants on the bike.:sad:

MrB1obby

my waist is a 32/34 and my helmet is a large ^_^
Errrrgghhh, I didn't want to know that thanks! xx(

:giggle:

oldroadman

Veteran
All very odd. In determining sizing, inside leg to floor is crucial. Measure in metric, multiply by 0.883 and this gives you a very good starting point for setting distance from top of saddle to centre of bottom bracket axle. This works for most people - one Bernard Hinault used to use it, and he could beat most people (well, all of us!). Once the saddle height is set, the length of arm/body can be considered, and generally now most people seem to like a lot of seat post with a smaller frame, the top tube will depend on the angles, rest is extension size and angle, plus style and width of bars. Height of a person is a very, very vague indicator, and practically useless.
Best to get on a fitting jig with a trained person for the best options.

Top Bottom