listening to music whilst cycling???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bicycle

Ha ha... As it happens I am a Kusturica fan, although he is by no means an Albanian.... He is slightly Serbian - and in recent history (last 800 years) there has occasionally been friction between these two groups.

Kusturica's film 'Otac na sluzbenom putu' is a classic beyond measure.

I love Serbian folk music too, but had none in the car to torture said youngest issue with.

Film4 should do a series of films from the western Balkans: Lepa sela lepo gore; Savrseni krug, Nicija zemlja; When daddy was away on business etc...

What I've never thought of (until now) is Albanian folk on a bicycle...

Cycling is not a huge passtime in the western Balkans. A pity, as the hills are perfect for it.

I believe I am guilty of digression here, but I was provoked.

david k

Hi
(On the last 20 miles of my longest ride ever, 128 miles, I didn't have company, and hadn't brought the MP3. I had to sing to myself, and the only songs I could remember a decent chunk of words to were Christmas carols...)

not just me then!!! tad embarrasing when you turn a corner singing at the top of your voice to see somebody coming the other way

rusky

CC Addict
My ipod has the entire Now That's What I Call Music collection so I'm just working my way through that!

potsy

Rambler
[QUOTE 1377614"]

Are you sure you're not confusing headphones and hearing aids?
[/quote]

Sorry but I had to laugh at that :biggrin:
I too fall into the ex headphone wearer, used to have my mp3 player on during early morning commutes when the traffic is very light, haven't bothered for ages but not because of any safety issues, more a cba to faff about and just want to get out on the road issue.

Falwheeler

Whether you choose to wear headphones (earphones) is personal choice, I wouldn't dream of it, but what if you were involved in an accident whilst wearing them, even one that was not your fault. I'm sure any defense would latch onto that as a contributory factor and before you all have a go at me, I'm not saying it should but that's the way things are :sad:

Mawsley

These 2 examples highlight the need to hear sounds from behind.

Erm...

Apart from the fact that they don't.

It just amplifies the fact that people on 2 wheels need to be as patient as they expect those in 4 wheels to be.

Hang back and soon enough the person will notice you. If they don't then wait a bit longer. If you don't have that patience then take a damn bus.

:thumbsup:

david k

Hi
you dont have the luxury on a motorbike, helmet and engine noise down most external noise out

How do they get on?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
you dont have the luxury on a motorbike, helmet and engine noise down most external noise out

How do they get on?

They have the ability to be able to consintantly keep up or overtake other traffic. We don't have the ability to go 30mph all the time.

You can use your ears to listen to the traffic behind you, engine note and general sound can give a lot away about what the driver plans to do and what vehicle they are driving.

david1701

imo moving at pace I would never trust my hearing, yesterday the first I heard of the milk tanker behind me was him tapping his (air) brakes about 10 feet from my rear wheel (too busy playing on my new bike to be shoulder checking properly) I had on a helmet and sunnies, no headphones.

david k

Hi
and for me lifesavers on my cycle as well
no reason to keep them to motorbikes only
i feel they are more reliable than my ears, that i never trust solely anyway, even if i aint wearing headphones

Rebel Ian

and for me lifesavers on my cycle as well
no reason to keep them to motorbikes only
i feel they are more reliable than my ears, that i never trust solely anyway, even if i aint wearing headphones

Indeed - I passed my motorcycle test long before my car test so do lifesavers when on bicycle, motorcyle or in the car.

david k

Hi
i hear you ian, i do em naturally now. thats why i dont feel i have an issue with earphones blocking out road noise, i realied upon wits and looks before on a motor bike so dont see why it alters on a push bike
even though someone pointed out that motorbikes r quicker, i never trusted other road users on that i dont on my cycle, dont see the difference, i expect every user to pull out on me and are always waiting for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom